cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No call service

johnwarnock2017
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Well just moved and the town just installer a tower. Yet I can't receive or make calls. Internet works text messages work.. but no calls.

This is what the tower company just posted on Facebook. If u can Help me please do.. I got a lg G6

Here is the message from Facebook.

Today I visited several residences that border the towers that cover Route 155 and that had highlighted connection problems. In 100% of cases, the problem was the customer's cell. Please call technical services directly from your suppliers and make sure that LTE Voice mode and your sim card is open for this service and that the provider allows you to use the VOLTE (or HD at koodoo) mode. Do not go through your dealer call the supplier directly.

8 REPLIES 8

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

Does your phone work for calls when you go somewhere else, different town? Is it only when you are in that specific area, or everywhere?

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@johnwarnock2017Unfortunately from your Faceobook message, for your voice to work, it needs VoLTE, a service which Public Mobile doesn't provide. You would need to upgrade one tier to Koodo and use a Koodo issued phone "Be using a VoLTE compatible phone purchased from Koodo°. Bring your own phone(BYOD) from other carriers will not be compatible with this feature."  in order to have voice..

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/voLTE

@johnwarnock2017 wrote:

I've been with public Mobile for 2 years now.. only moved 30km away from other town.. the new town we didn't have any service here.. now we got a new tower.. everything works except for Calls

It could be LTE-only tower. If it is, you can't do calls. 

johnwarnock2017
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've been with public Mobile for 2 years now.. only moved 30km away from other town.. the new town we didn't have any service here.. now we got a new tower.. everything works except for Calls

@popping wrote:

@johnwarnock2017 

Did you just port your number to PM?

If yes, you need to wait until your old provider release your phone number to PM before getting incoming calls and texts.  If you old SIM card is still working, continue to use it until it stops working.  Then start using PM SIM card.

For LG phone, you need to do a network reset after switching to a new provider before your data working again.

I don't think it's a porting issue because he can't make outgoing calls.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@johnwarnock2017 

Shot in the dark but since you have an lg phone, you might want to try a network reset. 

Lots of evidence for this when switching providers. Perhaps new towers may require reset as well.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@johnwarnock2017 

Did you just port your number to PM?

If yes, you need to wait until your old provider release your phone number to PM before getting incoming calls and texts.  If you old SIM card is still working, continue to use it until it stops working.  Then start using PM SIM card.

For LG phone, you need to do a network reset after switching to a new provider before your data working again.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@johnwarnock2017 wrote:

Well just moved and the town just installer a tower. Yet I can't receive or make calls. Internet works text messages work.. but no calls.

This is what the tower company just posted on Facebook. If u can Help me please do.. I got a lg G6

Here is the message from Facebook.

Today I visited several residences that border the towers that cover Route 155 and that had highlighted connection problems. In 100% of cases, the problem was the customer's cell. Please call technical services directly from your suppliers and make sure that LTE Voice mode and your sim card is open for this service and that the provider allows you to use the VOLTE (or HD at koodoo) mode. Do not go through your dealer call the supplier directly.

To get a new tower online, they have to install and configure. This could mean adjustment to neighboring sites.

This morning, there was discussion of an outage in Ontario.

Need Help? Let's chat.