cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Voice calls -- again, and again subject.

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Tried to make a voice call and received an automated recording that my plan does not include voice calls - but of course it does.. Since this happens often, I know the drill to just try and try again BUT this time after 3 attempts still not able to make a voice call. I then used a friends phone to make the call to car dealer to ask if my car repairs were completed and may I pick it up. The service person told me that they had tried to call me several times but kept getting a message that my number is not in service.  Come on PM this is ridiculous and also in some circumstanced may also be unsafe. ------------- Wondering if this may be an occasional problem with also other mobile service providers.---------------

16 REPLIES 16

Missing incoming calls is pretty bad. Telus needs to get their act together on this issue.

v7797979
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@BEER @You are not Porting a number.  This is called a Sim Card Swap. You are transferring your Number from the old Sim card onto the new one.  People do this all over the world when they have a defective, lost and or a Stolen Sim Card.  Again this is not called Porting. Porting is when you transfer your number from one Provider to another.

@BEER 

I've had this happen a couple of times but it (as you said) usually only takes a few attempts to make a call that it fixes itself. When you mentioned that calls in were getting a number not in service message leads me to believe Its a sim provisioning issue. Have any of the moderators offered to reprovision the sim? That might be the issue ( so a new sim replaced within your account might work but that's an extra cost should not be born by you.)

Alternatively you can try two troubleshooting techniques the next time this problem occurs and see if they have any effect on clearing up the issue. Toggling airplane mode on and off disconnects your phone from the network and then reconnects with a brand new connection. More likely to have success would be reporting your phone lost/stolen. This disconnects your sim from the system. This has been used to restore incoming calling from going straight to voice mail or to trigger the system to take a payment. I would try this one first. Good luck.

BEER

@buang99 wrote:

The signal in your location might be weak. Have you notice your signal dropping?

Signal is great - 

BEER

@dabr wrote:

Yeah, I can imagine it would be more than a little frustrating, but that is rather strange that it's happening to the other members too.   I'm guessing you're waiting to hear back from the moderators to resolve it again.  Maybe try using an android phone for a while to see if it makes a difference, although I suspect not.  😊

Didn't even bother to contact the moderator team - this is beyond their control.

BEER

@gpixel wrote:

change pass,sim,number.jpeg

@BEER I remember speaking with you about this last month. did you purchase a the 500 min Canada wide long distance add-on? can you check your self serve and see if you still have any min remaining on your $15 plan? or by calling 611?

if everything checks out, the last thing I would try is to purchase a new SIM card and change it in your self serve. to see if there is a difference. try this with one device first.

Yes I have plenty of un-used voice minutes - in addition to my plan minutes I also have still un-used 500 add on minutes.My SIM card is fine and If a buy a new SIM card I will not be able to port my number from PM to PM account. I think that this is definitely a PM problem because when this problem is encountered I do get a pre recorded voice warning from PUBLIC MOBILE advising that my plan does not include the voice calling feature. As mentioned in previous posts this has also happened to my daughter when she was stranded with car problems and could not make a voice call. ANYWAYS I think these days most don't much use voice calling and rely on texting that so far seems to work for us.

buang99
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The signal in your location might be weak. Have you notice your signal dropping?

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

change pass,sim,number.jpeg

@BEER I remember speaking with you about this last month. did you purchase a the 500 min Canada wide long distance add-on? can you check your self serve and see if you still have any min remaining on your $15 plan? or by calling 611?

if everything checks out, the last thing I would try is to purchase a new SIM card and change it in your self serve. to see if there is a difference. try this with one device first.

Bubba
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Contact  the Moderator directly.

It may be a temporary issue with PM / Telus Network, or possibly something to do with your account.

It could be a phone/ hardware issue, as you never know as another person mentioned.

I'm a long time user have have had only 1 instance when the system/ connection was totally down without any connection. It was down for a couple of hours the most.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@BEER wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@BEER   Have to agree with you that shouldn't be happening, especially as you say it seems to be a regular occurrance.  Does it happen with any of your other family members' accounts also or only yours?  Has PM explained to you why that happens when you contacted them before about it.

I'm guessing you've ruled out your phone isn't the issue too?

Ye this has also happened to our other iPhones - it's usually no big deal because we text most of the time but when it happens it can be frustrating.

Yeah, I can imagine it would be more than a little frustrating, but that is rather strange that it's happening to the other members too.   I'm guessing you're waiting to hear back from the moderators to resolve it again.  Maybe try using an android phone for a while to see if it makes a difference, although I suspect not.  😊

BEER

@Triguy wrote:

Try rebooting your phone.  When you fail out try using a 1 + area code + phone#.

If you still need assistance then submit a ticket.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Thanks for trying to help but this topic and proposed solutions have been posted many times. It's a trade off and we just accept it because of the low cost plans.

BEER

@dabr wrote:

@BEER   Have to agree with you that shouldn't be happening, especially as you say it seems to be a regular occurrance.  Does it happen with any of your other family members' accounts also or only yours?  Has PM explained to you why that happens when you contacted them before about it.

Ye this has also happened to our other iPhones - it's usually no big deal because we text most of the time but when it happens it can be frustrating.

BEER

@shep22 wrote:

@BEER hi click on the ? bottom right corner and ask Simon to speak to a moderator ask to speak to a human this will help create a ticket 

This has been done several times in the past - so I just learned to live with it because of the low plan cost .

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try rebooting your phone.  When you call out try using a 1 + area code + phone#.

If you still need assistance then submit a ticket.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@BEER wrote:

Tried to make a voice call and received an automated recording that my plan does not include voice calls - but of course it does.. Since this happens often, I know the drill to just try and try again BUT this time after 3 attempts still not able to make a voice call. I then used a friends phone to make the call to car dealer to ask if my car repairs were completed and may I pick it up. The service person told me that they had tried to call me several times but kept getting a message that my number is not in service.  Come on PM this is ridiculous and also in some circumstanced may also be unsafe. ------------- Wondering if this may be an occasional problem with also other mobile service providers.---------------

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@BEER hi click on the ? bottom right corner and ask Simon to speak to a moderator ask to speak to a human this will help create a ticket 

Need Help? Let's chat.