cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service

MajorPainage
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

So to start out, I ran out of data bfore my renewal in 2 days, so I made a payment to restart the cycle as it says in the payment page.  But it only deposited the money into my account and still no service.

What am I missing as I don't see anything directing to restart immediately.

13 REPLIES 13

@MajorPainage wrote:

PM could also upgrade their servers.  Pages loads suck.

Yes in particular in the evening...a lot of people are around...Smiley Happy

MajorPainage

PM could also upgrade their servers.  Pages loads suck.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Andrei_DA wrote:

There are certain troubleshooting steps that involve "early-renewals", but the system will not allow the same plan to be instated earlier than the renewal date.

@Andrei_DA there is no way for a customer to do an early renewal of their existing plan in their own self-service account, this is true.  HOWEVER, the existing moderator team have been doing this for people upon request via private message for many years.  Please contact @Mary_M or one of the longer term moderators to find out how this works.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@lheintzman wrote:

@MajorPainage wrote:

Then if not, the statement they make is a lie and misleading.

Well no. The statement might be overly precise and open to misinterpretation, but it's not a lie. A cycle is defined as 30 or 90 days from when your plan begins. Restarting the cycle means moving into the next 30 or 90 days. It does not mean changing your renewal day and launching a whole new service pattern.

As mentioned, simply putting money into your account does nothing. You have to tell the system how you want to spend that money.

PM does have its problems with wording. But so far, you haven't lost any money; mostly you've inconvenienced yourself by failing to budget your usage. That easy enough to do --most of us have done something similar at some time -- and it's easily fixed. The question is: do you want to argue about language or get your service running?

@lheintzman  right--it doesn't mean topping up your account will cause it to instantly renew, it just means you need the funds to be in the account by that point in time in order for it to automatically renew the next morning, i.e. at the usual planned time (not early).  Early requires moderator intervention.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

MajorPainage

My arguement is only the the statement "on this day" can easily be understood as "today".

The problem is more the poor choice of words.  But no problem, I can resolve it for now and find a better service elsewhere.

lheintzman
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@MajorPainage wrote:

Well no. The statement might be overly precise and open to misinterpretation, but it's not a lie. A cycle is defined as 30 or 90 days from when your plan begins. Restarting the cycle means moving into the next 30 or 90 days. It does not mean changing your renewal day and launching a whole new service pattern.

As mentioned, simply putting money into your account does nothing. You have to tell the system how you want to spend that money.

PM does have its problems with wording. But so far, you haven't lost any money; mostly you've inconvenienced yourself by failing to budget your usage. That easy enough to do --most of us have done something similar at some time -- and it's easily fixed. The question is: do you want to argue about language or get your service running?

MajorPainage

Andrei_DA
Customer Support Agent

There are certain troubleshooting steps that involve "early-renewals", but the system will not allow the same plan to be instated earlier than the renewal date.

MajorPainage

For those of you claiming there is no early renewal, then why on the payment page does it say,

"Pay your amount due by 11:59PM on this day in order for your plan cycle to re-start".

It already says it's available and apparently the staement is incorrect since paying before that time didn't do anything.

Another issue with this company.

I'll contact a mod and get it taken care of I guess.

@Andrei_DA wrote:

Hello!

I would like to give a bit of an update on early-renewal!

Unfortunately we do not have the option to start the same plan earlier that the renewal date.

An option would be to select a different plan and changed it with immediate effect or purchasing add-ons!

@Andrei_DA  Hi Andrei, can you please clarify this so I know what to tell future customers?This has been common knowledge around here for as long as I have been here that the moderator team will do an "early renewal". Is this no longer something public mobile will do for their customers? @CS_Agent 

@will13am  wrote:

Early renewal of the same plan must go through the moderator team.  Early plan change is self serve.

@ShawnC13  wrote:

Public Mobile isn't ANY provider and they do allow the option to renew early.  If you think about it why wouldn't they.  They already have your money for 90 days if you want to pay for another 90 days on day 70 that is just more money in their pockets.

@mimmo  wrote:

@victortruong92  instead of buying a data addon you could look at renewing your plan early. 

@brent_liza wrote:

I have done this a couple of times. They will let you. I had four days left with no data and needed the data.

@Anonymous @ wrote:

you need moderator assistance to do an early renewal. 

@srlawren  wrote:

@Belivothen send the moderator team a private message as explained here asking them to do an early renewal using the funds you loaded already. 

Andrei_DA
Customer Support Agent

Hello!

I would like to give a bit of an update on early-renewal!

Unfortunately we do not have the option to start the same plan earlier that the renewal date.

An option would be to select a different plan and changed it with immediate effect or purchasing add-ons!

lheintzman
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@MajorPainage wrote:

So to start out, I ran out of data bfore my renewal in 2 days, so I made a payment to restart the cycle as it says in the payment page.  But it only deposited the money into my account and still no service.

PM has a few local customs that can seem weird.  Depositing funds into your account is not quite the same as buying something.  That's just making funds available.  You have to tell the system what to do with these funds.  At the moment, I'm guessing it will wait a couple days and then renew your plan.

To get your data going right now you could buy a data add-on.  It's pricey but will roll over until completely used.  Or you could contact the Moderators and ask to have your plan renewed early--given the response time (up to 2 days) that might not work.  

EDIT: Or you could force a renewal by changing your plan.

Good luck

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@MajorPainage wrote:

For an early renewal if you have the money in your account you can ask the mods to do the renewal now.  

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.