cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service on iPhone

batman72
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I have a iPhone 4S with "$25 Canada-wide Talk + Text" plan. Last Monday, I got an update from the carrier which I "has to accept". Now my phone has been showing "NO service" since last Monday. 

I have sent 2 emails to customer service with NO response. I have tried to hard reset the phone. No luck. I shutdown the phone, took out the SIM, waited for 10 mins, put in the SIM and restarted. No Luck.

What else can I try?

In the “Settings”; “Cellular”, “Cellular Data Network” - I see all the information has chanbged to koodo.

thx in advance for any help

5 REPLIES 5

thinhho0402
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had the same situation today. All you need to do is just reset the network setting and then, turn off the cellular data (because $25 plan doesn't come with any data so you don't need it => saving battery life). 

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@batman72 wrote:

Hello,

I have a iPhone 4S with "$25 Canada-wide Talk + Text" plan. Last Monday, I got an update from the carrier which I "has to accept". Now my phone has been showing "NO service" since last Monday. 

I have sent 2 emails to customer service with NO response. I have tried to hard reset the phone. No luck. I shutdown the phone, took out the SIM, waited for 10 mins, put in the SIM and restarted. No Luck.

What else can I try?

In the “Settings”; “Cellular”, “Cellular Data Network” - I see all the information has chanbged to koodo.

@batman72 wrote:

Hello,

What else can I try?

I am Glad you were able to Figure it out but this is the Exact Reason why PM took to the Route of No Phone Support for New Customer and for this Exact Reason why it cost money to talk to Customer Service with Some Providers.

If your Phone had service before the update and then you receive a Carrier Update from Apple & then all of a sudden your have no service. Now what does that have to do with PM or its Tech Support? 

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@batman72

I'm happy to hear that!! Have an awesome weekend!!Smiley Happy

batman72
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

The following did the trick:

-> settings

-> General

-> Reset

-> Click on reset network settings

thx

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@batman72

We received your email today! we just need you to verify your account with us. Once that's done we will forward your issue to our support team who will handle your request.

Have a great weekend!

Note: are you able to make calls? or are you having issues with SMS only? Have you tried configuring your APN settings? click here for the instructions on how to change them:http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/iPhone-Update-and-APN-settings/m-p/1610#...

Also: try going to -> settings

-> General

-> Reset

-> Click on reset network settings

Let me know if this works for you.

Need Help? Let's chat.