cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service on iPhone 5s

Nqiik
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My iPhone 5s has trouble connecting to service and constantly says "No Service" or has 1 bar intermittently. I've read through other posts with similar issues and the general consensus is that the port is stuck.
The phone is on the latest iOS software and the latest carrier firmware – IIRC 36. Weirdly, when I go into her APN settings it only shows "Personal Hotspot" no "Cellular Data", "MMS" or anything else, I'm not sure if this has something to do with it. I have downloaded a Config Profile from unlocking.co.nz that supposedly sets the APN correctly, but this didn't seem to have any effect.

3 REPLIES 3

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

One bar... I would test with a sim from a different provider (Not bell or tellus) to see if there is a net work issue.

You can...

Check coverage in your area

Try your phone on another network

Make sure your phone is compatible with the Telus/PM network

Has your phone ever worked with PM?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nqiik wrote:

My iPhone 5s has trouble connecting to service and constantly says "No Service" or has 1 bar intermittently. I've read through other posts with similar issues and the general consensus is that the port is stuck.
The phone is on the latest iOS software and the latest carrier firmware – IIRC 36. Weirdly, when I go into her APN settings it only shows "Personal Hotspot" no "Cellular Data", "MMS" or anything else, I'm not sure if this has something to do with it. I have downloaded a Config Profile from unlocking.co.nz that supposedly sets the APN correctly, but this didn't seem to have any effect.

Are you able to test the SIM in another phone?

Figure out No Service or bad reception first before tackling APN settings as APN has nothing to do with the problem you're having.

Antennas could be a problem. Maybe have an Apple store look at it to see if the antenna has become loose.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Nqiik wrote:

I don’t have a iPhone, but I would suggest turn off “Personal Hotspot “ at setting.

Need Help? Let's chat.