cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service All Day

uponone
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This morning my phone began showing No Service - Selected Network (Public Mobile). I have reset the phone, ensured it was not in Airplane Mode and even tried the SIM card in another unlocked phone. What's going on with my account? I can sign into My Account and everything is up to date. I have never had a problem with Public Mobile before and I am hoping someone can help me out.

6 REPLIES 6

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@uponone,

You're very welcome 🙂

Cheers,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

uponone

Turned out to be a defective SIM card. Shazia sent me a new one and my phone is working once again!

Thanks for your help Shazia.

uponone

Hi Shazia_K,

I have PM'ed you my number.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @uponone

I'm very sorry to hear about your service issue, 

Would it be possible for you to private message me with your Public Mobile phone number? 

I will look into this and see what is causing this to happen. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

uponone

Thank you for the response Luddite. I am north of Toronto, just east of Newmarket. Still no service today.

I will check in throughout the day and keep my eye on my private messages.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

There have been several locations with outages over the weekend. Perhaps you are in one of them? The only way I have heard to check is here: http://canadianoutages.com/status/telus/map/ but that map does not seem to have changed at all in 3 days.

On the other hand something may have happend with your account and you will need the assistance of one of our moderators; @Shazia_K, @Mary_M, or @Kalla_A. If you have no response within 24 hours let us know.

You will likely need to send them some information by private message. In case you do not how to use this feature, you can review it here: Private Messages - viewing and creating. It will speed things along if you can check in from time during "Ontario business hours" tomorrow.

Meanwhile, if you need to make phone calls try an application like that from forgo.com. It provides free calling across Canada wherever you are connected to wifi.

In case others are having the same problem what is your location?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.