cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No MMS on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 global

Kiplingsquier
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone had run into or has any idea on how to fix an MMS issue with a Redmi Note 4. I do recieve SMS and internet, but no MMS. I've run through some of the other MMS problems posted here, without any luck. Anyone have any ideas?
13 REPLIES 13

Quincy1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Updated full APN settings that work for MIUI based phones like Xiaomi/Poco are here.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/APN-Settings-that-May-Work-for-MMS-on-Xia...

giaboni

I just installed a major system update on my Xiaomi Redmi 5A and I decided to reinstall Android Messages app and tried to send and receive MMS text messages and it works now.  My model is fixed but I cannot speak for others.

piggykiller

dont forget set Textra as default. otherwise you will miss mms

piggykiller

Only Textra works with MMS and Group MMS.

tested on Mi6 and Note4x

giaboni

As long as your Public Mobile APN settings are correct, the MMS will work on the standard Messaging app that comes built with you Xiaomi phone.  However there is a bug on many Mi (Xiaomi) models where MMS (picture texts) will not work if you use Android Messages app.  This has been reported by many users by simply doing a Google Search for "android messages mms xiaomi not working".

I have complained to their support dept about this bug by sending an email to service.us@xiaomi.com and I suggest anyone who has this issue with Android Messages does the same and the more people who complain about this, the faster they will fix it in my opinion.

Pantsontyler

Hey, I'm having the exact same problem! I've adjusted all settings, and actually, Textra worked well for a long time, still able to receive mms through it, but it no longer lets me send mms through it. I've tried resetting APN settings, tried different apps, no solution yet at all.

Kiplingsquier
Strange, Textra works! All of the other messaging apps don't work with MMS. Thanks for the advice!

Honestly I don't know what the settings do, but MMS didn't work on my Nexus phone until I used those values.

@sheytoon wrote:
@Kiplingsquier

Try these settings at the bottom.
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

What do the MVNO settings do when everything works fine with those fields blank?

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sheytoon, many phones including my G5 don't show any MVNO options on the APN settings page.

@Kiplingsquier

Try these settings at the bottom.
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @Kiplingsquier,

The APN settings look fine. 

Try a different messaging app such as Textra or Android Messages.

Kiplingsquier
My current APN
Name: PC Mobile
APN:sp.mp.com
MMSC:http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
Mms proxy:74.49.0.18
Mms port:80
MCC:302
MNC:220
APN type:default,supl,mms
APN protocol: IPv4