cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No HELP, no reply from MODS for 2 family members. NO incoming calls for 7 days now.

evergreen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ported on Nov 19, and introduced PM to 3 other family members. It's unfortunate that all 3 had problems, although wife's was resolved (through my help), and not from any MOD or from the help section. Unfortunately, the 2 others can not receive calls from the day of the port (Nov 19) up to today. No reply from MODS whatsoever. Thy feel trapped, as they did not know that there is no kiosk to go or number to call. In a way, I feel responsible as I brought them to PM, with good intentions. "HELP" section has been contacted, but nothing. Nothing. I messaged 2 MODS on their behalf, too, just to get the message across, but NOTHING. 

8 REPLIES 8

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@evergreen wrote:

@bmandiI don't think there is a phone number to call.

The most frustrating part is not knowing what is causing the delay, so the poor users will know what to do.

Yes there is not number to call that is part of why the plans are so much less costly than other providers.

The casue of the dealy was the crasy amount of people who took advantate of the 4gb promo.  My calculations were that there were over 14,000 orders in teh last 20 days of the promo, (not sure how many sim cards activated, assuming more than  that)  

Porting usually go smooth but typically if the information sent is different even sligtly than the orriginal carrier the port willl get stuck. 

The mods are working as fast as they can. to work through it.  Best thing is to be positive and as informative as possible whne conating them or posting info on the forums.

mimmo

@bmandi  Typically it is better to start your own thread.   What is your exact "same situation"  did you try to do a port?   were you an old customer?  from reading yyour post it sounds like youwere an  old customer? not a new one. so your sistuation is a little different.  what do your available funds show?

evergreen

@mimmo Thanks for the suggested option. Will see if this will work with their case, while waiting for response from PM Help or any of the MODS.

evergreen

@bmandiI don't think there is a phone number to call.

The most frustrating part is not knowing what is causing the delay, so the poor users will know what to do.

evergreen

Thanks @daredogg. Words from people like you make this thing not totally hopeless afterall. I wish i could convey the optimism to the very disappointed family members.I can understand why they would d rather get their money, if the process is simple, than go through this trouble.(signed up for the plan 40 for 3 months) and go back to their old provider)

bmandi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Same problem here, tried to change my plan, money was withdrawn from account, shows the payment went through in my PM account transactions, didnt update the balance, didnt change the plan, my account is still inactive, sent emails, one to Shazia, MOD for pm, no reply another one to the help link, nothing, is there a phone number for customer service? anyone?

mimmo

@evergreen do the old sim cards work?  if yest best solution is to uses those and wait till the mods resposd.  in most cases the old sims are fully functional.

the mods are working on the backlog.  As long as you sent them all the required info  for the port they will resposnd and they will adjust the billing cycle accordingly to the port out date and your old provider will prorate your bill to the port out date.

required info incules:

old account number

old account name

PM sim number

PM email address of account

PM new number (if different)

PM sim

this list is a litte longer than what is mentioned in the contact us post but a little extra info doesnt hurt.

also have you tried http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/HERE-IS-THE-FIX-EVERYONE-IS-WAITING-FOR/m-...

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

@evergreen yeah, it's too bad you weren't aware that support with PM is delivered through this community forum and through email. My understanding is that the people who monitor the community and those that monitor email are different. You may want to try to also send an email, in hopes that you'll get responded to more quickly.

With this promotion, there were literally 10s of thousands of people who switched, and because of some of the glitches in PM's system, that caused a HUGE backlog. Nobody except PM themselves know how big that backlog really is, but it's obvious it's slowed response time to a crawl. With your current situation, it seems like the 2 other's ports are stuck and will need a moderator to push it through. It's a quick fix, but when they can look at it, is the problem. I hope sooner than later, but unfortunately you'll have to keep waiting. Robot Sad

Need Help? Let's chat.