cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Government Alerts Section on iPhone 8

rsn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I don't have Government Alerts Section on iPhone 8 under Notification so I don't receive any government amber alerts?? Please any help?

15 REPLIES 15

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@rsn I hope we never get one (wishful thinking)be safe!

rsn

Thanks a lot for all your replies! Looks like in Canada we don't have that "Government Alerts" section available but as long as LTE option enable all should be fine. I'll be waiting for the amber alert next and let you know if I'm getting it. Be safe and happy Canada Day!!

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@rsn wrote:

I understand your point... meaning next time if there is goverment alert I'll get it without having Government Alerts Section? However (see link below) every iPhone has this section. So why I don't have it?

https://www.imore.com/amber-alerts-your-iphone-what-they-are-and-how-manage-them

@rsn hi I understand what you mean I don't have it either on my 10xr but after reading your article I believe it is an american thing as long as your phone is enabled for lte you should be good to go 😁

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I'm not sure on apple, but on android my settings for this along with weather alerts are found within the stock text messaging app settings. Personally I set mine to display only. I have chronic illness and can't be out much at all so I'm no help to anyone lol. I think there is an option to completely disable them, but I'm cool with the visual only. 

On android if you delete or disable your stock messaging app the alerts won't come in, as they have to program to interpret the alert signal anymore, even though your phone itself stays on LTE...

Alright that's my nerding out for the day 😉 lol

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@rsn I think the reason you don't have it is because you do not have a choice in Canada to opt out of government alerts

@shep22 wrote:

@rsn Your data has to be set to 4g LTE  in order to get the Amber alerts.

These alerts do not use, nor do they require data. While the LTE network needs to be enabled, data does not.

rsn

I understand your point... meaning next time if there is goverment alert I'll get it without having Government Alerts Section? However (see link below) every iPhone has this section. So why I don't have it?

https://www.imore.com/amber-alerts-your-iphone-what-they-are-and-how-manage-them

shep22

@rsn wrote:

I enabled LTE, re-booted phone and still...No No Government Alerts Section. Link for the settings you sent me looks a bit different. Instead of "mobile data" on iPhone 8 it's cellular data where LTE setting could be turn on or turn off. Still...same problem - No Government Alerts Section

@rsn why do you think there should be a gov alerts section? if there is an alert you should be able to receive it now 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@rsn 

edit: this could be an iPhone issue. contact apple and see if they can give you some info on this. maybe you need government alerts section for alerts to work. talk to apple and then moderators to see what they say.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a message

Moderators are available from Monday to Friday from 8AM to Midnight EST and from Saturday and Sunday from 8AM to 10PM PM EST

rsn

I enabled LTE, re-booted phone and still...No No Government Alerts Section. Link for the settings you sent me looks a bit different. Instead of "mobile data" on iPhone 8 it's cellular data where LTE setting could be turn on or turn off. Still...same problem - No Government Alerts Section

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@rsn your phone should automatically have the correct settings chosen. just look up at your notification bar and if it says LTE you're good to go 👍

rsn

Thanks for the prompt reply! How can I do that? Do I need to do any changes in my iPhone 8 settings?

shep22

@rsn Your Phone has to be set to 4g LTE  in order to get the Amber alerts.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@rsn if you have LTE enabled you should be able to recieve alerts. try restarting your phone. maybe that section is sim card related and public's sim doesn't support that setting. sorry I'm not that familiar with iphone

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/alertready

Need Help? Let's chat.