cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Data

dignacio
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello. I have a $35 plan that is supposed to have 1Gb+500Mb. My plan auto renews every 30th of the month. Today is the 17th of the month and i know i havent used  up all my data but when i go to Overview in my acount it says "You currently don't have any Add ons on your account" which i believe happens after you've used up all data. 

In "View my usage" i only used up about 490Mb since i paid at the end of the month last month. I should have 1 Gb to go but when i try to use my phone's browser i get "No internet connection".

I then see a message to sign in to Public Mobile, like its a wifi notification to sign-in, i try it and get to the page https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/zero-bal... (i couldn't see the rest of the URL) and the page says "You are unable to access the Web"

Can anyone help me to get this straightened out? 

Thanks in advance.

UPDATE: I have also tried to change my plan to a lower amount just in case it would correct itself, i get the message "Sorry! We weren't able to process your request. Please try again later." - I tried that the first time about 5 hours ago and again just now but got the same message i both instances. Thanks.

13 REPLIES 13

dignacio

@Alex888 Thank you for the advice. I will look for one now. Much appreciated.

dignacio

@Luddite  Thank you for the advice. I will keep that in mind. Much appreciated.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle
  • @dignacio If you do want to get more data the most cost effective option is to renew your currently plan early. To do this make a one time payment equal to the cost of your plan and then click this message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with the request. Usually they answer within in 24 hours, but can take a few days.
  • Or, if you think your data usage will be higher more often, you can change your plan immediately.
  • With either of these options there is no credit for unused time on the original cycle.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@dignacio You should get a data monitoring app the records the usage by app, many of them use it in the background and may even be downloading large updates. And check that your phone and apps are set to download updates only on wifi.

dignacio

@Alex888, i do have to concede almost everything does point to that conclusion except the Usage History so i guess i'll have to wait till my next renewal and monitor it from then on to make sure i get my 1.5Gb.

Thanks @Alex888@NDesai for taking the time to answer my post.

@dignacio I missed that you said the My Data section was blank, that means that you have used up all of your data.

dignacio

@Alex888 @NDesai 

Thanks for the airplane mode tip. Turned that off and verified that the settings you posted are the same on my phone. I restarted my phone for good measure and i was hopeful as youtube cameup on Chrome but sadly it eventually went to the same page "You are unable to access the Web"

@dignacioMake sure your phone isn't in Airplane mode and check your APN settings as @NDesai, they should look like this 

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com 
Proxy: Leave blank 
Port: Leave blank 
Username: Leave blank 
Password: Leave blank 
Server: Leave blank 
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc 
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18 
MMS port: 80 
MCC: 302 
MNC: 220 
Authentication type: Leave blank 
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri

APN protocol: IPv4

APN roaming protocol: IPv4

Bearer: Unspecified

MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

Don't forget to save these settings and then select this APN as the active one.

dignacio

Hello NDesai, my APN is set to sp.mb.com. Thanks.

dignacio

Hello Alex888, sorry, you're correct, every 30 days. i just said end of the month bec mine renews every 30th. And yes, there is nothing in My Data section. However, In View my Usage i totalled up all data in the last 17 days and it only came up to 490Mb which is far less than 1.5Gb. 

Thanks for the relpy, by the way.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@dignacio Check your APN settings and make sure it is correctly configured as shown here: https://apn-canada.gishan.net

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@dignacio Plans renew every 30 days, not every month. Look at the main page of your account, it should give an overview of your data, how much does it say you have left? If there is nothing under the My Data section it mean you did use it all.

dignacio

Correction: the page is https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/zero-bal...

Need Help? Let's chat.