cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Data. Bought and paid for 2 days ago 0 used, 0 balance.

sirreaper
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

As per my title. This is my first day as a skip the dishes courier. My expected earnings on a Friday night in Victoria are $150. I bought my plan online with a credit card 2-3 days ago with an 8$ credit still on my account from my last voucher purchase. I have 0$ balance with 0mb's used yet cannot use my data it shows zero balance and kicks me to the public "zero balance" splash page. Sent 2 PM's to mod team, no response as of yet. Just lost out on my first day. Terrible impression, lost oit in $150 I desperately need for rent on the 1st on my busiest night, and have left a bad impression on my job. There may be future ramifications as a result. What's going on? 

15 REPLIES 15

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@pakmode wrote:

@sirreaper wrote:

Someone paid it forward big time, whoever you are, thank you so much! I got this message just now!

Hi,   An anonymous kind person has payed for you a 90 day rate plan with unlimited provicial talk / unlimited global text / 1GB of data. Your rate starts today and the expiry date is January 2, 2018.   This person wish you to have a better peace of mind now, and that this gesture will help you with your job search.  

Who said there wasnt good people in the world!

Wow. Just saw this too.

What a kind gesture.

Whoever did this - your generosity serves as an example and beacon of light for all that is good in this world.  Kudos to you.  Really great act of kindness and gesture. 

Yes, that's so nice! 🙂 🙂 🙂

pakmode

@sirreaper wrote:

Someone paid it forward big time, whoever you are, thank you so much! I got this message just now!

Hi,   An anonymous kind person has payed for you a 90 day rate plan with unlimited provicial talk / unlimited global text / 1GB of data. Your rate starts today and the expiry date is January 2, 2018.   This person wish you to have a better peace of mind now, and that this gesture will help you with your job search.  

Wow. Just saw this too.

What a kind gesture.

Whoever did this - your generosity serves as an example and beacon of light for all that is good in this world.  Kudos to you.  Really great act of kindness and gesture. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sirreaper wow is that for real?  That's awesome!  Sorry I missed your last reply before, and just happened to stumble upon it right now by accident.  I'm so glad to hear that!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

sirreaper

pakmode

Glad this got sorted out @sirreaper

Also we all admire your work ethic. 

Keep working hard. 

sirreaper

Had to start my week Late. They got around to my PM, issue was on Public's end. They credited me an extra 5p0mb's of data. 

@sirreaper I see you are in Victoria.  i am as well I hope this got resolved for you and if ther is anything I can help with send me a private message

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

kentnleung
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

hows the courier gig going?

anyways, check your APN setting, google public mobile apn and you should be able to set it up.

i was able to set up a new phone with a fresh apn to get data or else it wont connect

Michael77

@sirreaper,

I hope everything gets sorted out soon. 

jeffster1970
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@sirreaper wrote:

Understood. Never had an issue before. The problem is I'm broke, this is my first day, it's the end of the month, payments due. Do I male my car pament so I can deliver and have my job? Do I pay my rent so I have somewhere to sleep?  I at ally put my data ahead of food assuming I'd be making money.  If not I would have definitley had bought additional plans etc etc etc. Not feasible.  

What I meant though, you should have a back-up plan if you're business is critical on phone service. Am I guessing right that you really need the data for your job?  If that's the case, a good back-up would be the Fido tablet plan + you could have a portable number with Fongo, as @Luddite mentioned, that could be used with either SIM.  I am only suggesting that as it's a really cheap service ($15/month) assuming it's still available. 

I think in your case, and totally off topic, you might need to get emergency assisstance from the City of Victoria. You're not going to be evicted for being a little late on rent, but you might need get some external help. 

I truly hope the reason why we haven't heard from you is because your service is up and running and you're earning coin tonight.

Or as the Boy Scouts say; always be preparedRobot Sad

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Lol, @sirreaper if the cell service was mission critical, it might have been worthwhile to go with the competition.  At least you leave the store with a confirmed working service.

@sirreaper IF you have not sent a message yet, click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with your phone number and an explanation. Put SERVICE DOWN in the subject line. If you are changing your plan be sure to tell them the one you wish.

Meanwhile, phone calls can be made an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi. Means spending lots of time in Walmart, Starbucks, etc. I know.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

sirreaper

Understood. Never had an issue before. The problem is I'm broke, this is my first day, it's the end of the month, payments due. Do I male my car pament so I can deliver and have my job? Do I pay my rent so I have somewhere to sleep?  I at ally put my data ahead of food assuming I'd be making money.  If not I would have definitley had bought additional plans etc etc etc. Not feasible.  

jeffster1970
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@sirreaper wrote:

As per my title. This is my first day as a skip the dishes courier. My expected earnings on a Friday night in Victoria are $150. I bought my plan online with a credit card 2-3 days ago with an 8$ credit still on my account from my last voucher purchase. I have 0$ balance with 0mb's used yet cannot use my data it shows zero balance and kicks me to the public "zero balance" splash page. Sent 2 PM's to mod team, no response as of yet. Just lost out on my first day. Terrible impression, lost oit in $150 I desperately need for rent on the 1st on my busiest night, and have left a bad impression on my job. There may be future ramifications as a result. What's going on? 

You're going to have to wait for the @CS_Agent to sort this out. In the meantime, you should really get a pre-paid voucher and SIM from another carrier until this is all sorted out and use that number. 

As much as this all sucks, I don't understand putting a carriage before the horse.  You always need a back-up plan, especially if your business is reliant on a phone service. 

Hopefully it gets sorted soon.

Need Help? Let's chat.