cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newly activated account: when others call me they reach a stranger

ritahl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Has this ever happened to anyone before? 

I can reach others but when they call me back, or use the number I send to them, or try to text me, I don't receive anything. They told me they all reach a (probably the same) stranger. 

3 REPLIES 3

ritahl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks to both @LEGO and @computergeek541. I contacted the Moderator_Team, the back and forth took forever and why on the earth a Twitter account is needed... While waiting I found I could change the number myself. So I did so. Problem solved. Thanks!

In a nutshell, you're going to have change your phone number.  Assigning an already active phone number to anohter customer is a Telus specialty (they tried to assign my phone number to someone else before years ago).  This is likley caused by some type of activation system software error burried somewhere so deep into the software programming that they don't even know how to fix this glitch (or they probably would have put a stop to these instances by now). 

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ritahl 

It has been reported before that customers received a new number that is already in use by someone, at the end whoever had this number first will keep it!

Did you port your phone number recently? It is always better to continue to use your old provider until service stop working, then you know that transfer was completed and you can swap your SIM cards.

If it has been 3 hours (for mobile number) since you ported, the port is either still in the process of being completed or is stuck. Landline / VoIP numbers might take up to 10 days to port over. You will need to send a private message to a Moderator_Team, they will help to resolve your problem!
Here is the link: click here
In your message, please provide your name, Public Mobile account number or phone number and PIN.
Good luck! Woman Happy

Contact Support hours of operation:
Monday - Friday 9AM (EDT) - 9PM (EDT) Saturday - Sunday 9AM (EDT) - 7:30PM (EDT)

You will receive a response within an hour, if you are lucky OR it might take up to 48 hours, if your luck is run out! Woman Wink

Need Help? Let's chat.