Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

New used phone

What are your thoughts and advice on a used phone from KIJIJI,

Oracle

Re: New used phone

Perish that thought!  Give this thread a read.

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/buying-phones-kijiji-blacklisted-2130169/

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@denis2 wrote:

It depends...but I always bought the iphones of my family on kijiji..You need to be sure if they are not blacklisted and if they are unlocked with icloud. For sure you need to test them fisrt with wifi and icloud. That's MINE good experience with about 8 iphones..but you can loose your money with bad experience so what are you ready to pay if it will be a bad experience? The iphones I bought were under 100$ just one was 800$ and it was still with warranty with Apple.

why would it need to be unlocked with icloud ???

@denis2 wrote:

why would it need to be unlocked with icloud ???

Unlocked ...or the count icloud need to be canceled on the phone or you can't use it. 

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@denis2 wrote:

I've bought a few phones from there and other than one (which was my fault for not checking it fully) worked fine. The S8+ I got has its charging port damaged so you really need to play with the cable to get a connection, but I can wirelessly charge it. To verify the phone isn't stolen, I always ask for the original box. Most people keep it. If they don't have it then I usually don't buy it.

Correct me if i'm wrong  isn't icloud a storage place just for apple and if i dont buy apple is it relevant

@denis2 wrote:

Correct me if i'm wrong  isn't icloud a storage place just for apple and if i dont buy apple is it relevant

Yes if you don't buy an iphone you don't need to bother with icloud!Smiley Happy

OK got it , with your advice and some research this is what i will do:

- I will check IMEI number on "device check Canada"

- wont buy an apple 

- ask for the box it came in is a good idea, will do that too

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased a used iPhone 6SPlus  from a friend.   He told me that he had forgoten the password and was locked out.   I thought... well no problem... will just call Apple and get it reset.   Well that started in November 2018.   To be fair.. I had to wait till I got back to Canada from US to try and get it unlocked.   The middle of January.. I called... and had to wait 25 days.   Tried again and got another 25 day wait.   Then I got a 13 min wait... and then a 1 day wait... and now on a 15 day wait.   The phone is still locked and if it does not work this time... I am going to try and get my money back.   So... be very careful when you buy a used phone.