cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Public Mobile

tbsingleton
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just joined PM over the last few days and just wanted to relate my positive experience.

I switched over from Rogers in two stages. I had a Share Everything Plan with my main line and my wife's secondary line.

My wife went to the local Walmart in New Minas, Nova Scotia and bought two PM SIM Cards with no issues.

Later that night I created my first account with a new PM number and choose not to port my old Rogers number over. Account creation was easy and strait forward and I credited my cousin for  putting me on to PM and added his number to give him the extra $1/month off his bill and my one time $10 credit. I had unlocked my phone from Rogers with week before and the new SIM card worked well as soon as I had finished the account sign up. I was able to switch back and forth between both SIM cards until I finially cancelled my full Rogers account today.

After two days of seccesful PM usage, I decided to use the second SIM card and sign my wife up. I had unlocked her phone via Rogers Chat the night before. I created a second account and requested to port over her old number. I also added my number so I would get the $1/month credit from referring her. Her account became active almost immediatley after completeing the sign up precess and texts to her phone worked straight away. She was able to call out right away as well, but it took about 40 minutes before calls to her phone would go through to her phone with the old number. Pretty quick really.

I've been using my account for the last few days and my wife for about 24 hours. We are both very happy with the service and saving on the monthly bill over what we were paying with Rogers. 

Thank you Public Mobile.

7 REPLIES 7

tbsingleton

By reception, do you mean call quality or download speeds?

In either case, I only get 1-2 bars of celluar signal strength on my iPhone where I live and where I work either with Rogers LTE/4G or PM 3G. Sometimes I see 3 bars and never 4 bars.

As for call quality, I dont make many phone calls, but I would say just as good.

Running a number of speed test the avgerage download speed was around 3Mbps and upload was between 2-3 Mbps.

As for download speeds, in most cases, I dont notice a difference when browsing website, instrgram or facebook. But however doing a speed test, you cant really compare 3G vs LTE/4G. Huge difference. However, in real world appccation, it is not noticeable, and if it is, its not worth the extra price. That said, I don't travel as much as I did before, and am either on WiFi at home or at work. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@GeoVic wrote:

Similar positive experience here. I was skeptical about all self-serve, but realized how little I actually contacted Fido for anything (except for the awkward conversations when I tried to negotiate renewal of plans without getting completely ripped off). I like all of the possible discounts and will definitely bring the rest of the family over when their contracts are finished.

Enjoy your new mobile service with PM.

By accepting 48 - 72 hours moderator support wait time, the saving is great.  If you ask, moderator will change your next renewal date by the number of days without service.

GeoVic

Similar positive experience here. I was skeptical about all self-serve, but realized how little I actually contacted Fido for anything (except for the awkward conversations when I tried to negotiate renewal of plans without getting completely ripped off). I like all of the possible discounts and will definitely bring the rest of the family over when their contracts are finished.

dumbdobie1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi welcome aboard to PM.

It's a good service at low cost. I'm sure you will be happy here 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tbsingleton:

Welcome to Public Mobile.

Man! It is so nice to hear good stories. We rarely hear those because people only say something when something's not working as they expect. I read all these complaints and shake my head at Public Mobile's systems. And then we hear from folks like you.

Awesome.

ashleyb
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Welcome to Public Mobile!  The community is great and everyone is always willing to help. Plus the phone plans are affordable and the service is just as good as it was with the big company I was with. I'm sure you'll like it here.

TeamTilley
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Awesome, we are also new to PM and are enjoying the savings and services here in Newfoundland!!!  Welcome to the family!!

Need Help? Let's chat.