cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New sim card, no service

joannjules
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi y'all,

I got a new phone so went to a Public Mobile kiosk and got a new sim card.  The guy at the kiosk inserted the new sim, told me to go my account, and enter the new sim card.  I did that and now I have no service. How long does it take for a new sim to activate so I can use the phone, because right now it's just a very expensive paperweight.  🙂

Thanks in advance,

Joann/Jules

10 REPLIES 10

Guy at the kiosk installed the SIM card but may or may not have done anything else.   And the phone might have lost previous (Public Mobile) settings during SIM card swap. 

Login to your Public Mobile Self-Serve. Confirm that service and Plan are active and the correct SIM card is being used.

Check your device Settings, the Network Operator or Carrier should be Public Mobile. APN Settings should also be configured to access Data (and msg attachments) with Public Mobile's values.  Restart the device. If it's an (older) iOS device then you may also need to sync with iTunes to activate the changes. 

joannjules

It worked!!  Thank you so much, I was going crazy trying to figure out what I did wrong.  Have a wonderful evening.  🙂

joannjules

Thanks, yes, I did all that.  Cycling the phone on/off seems to have worked.

Stay Safe!

joannjules

First, I can't get texts because there's no service.  Second, I've been a PM customer for several years with the same number & account.

@joannjules wrote:

I'm working with the Public Mobile number I've had for several years.  All I needed was a nano sim card for my new iPhone.  Got that, had it inserted, came home, changed the sim card number, and now no service.

Try cycling phone off / on.

joannjules

I'm working with the Public Mobile number I've had for several years.  All I needed was a nano sim card for my new iPhone.  Got that, had it inserted, came home, changed the sim card number, and now no service.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Did you get the Welcome to Public Mobile text yet ?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Stay Safe!

Need Help? Let's chat.