cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone number for TO area

bashcue
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, 

Is it possible to get a 647 or 416 number? All what is showing up to me is 437 area code with a bunch of other random numbers. 

I got another phone number 3 months ago from PM and it was a 647 number. Is this new change because of the new $40 4gb/month plan?

5 REPLIES 5

Jonavin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Mostly recycled. Bell for example has lots of 416 numbers they used if you gat data only tablet/usb plan. At leats they did a year ago. 

If you don't mind spending some money, you can get a prepaid Rogers or Fido account and pick one of their numbers and then port it over. I got a 416 ABA CBBC number like that last year.

OTHO, noone even looks at a phone number anymore once you've added to your phone book. Other than my wife's number I couldn't tell you any one number without checking first.

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

all 416  or 647 are recycled ... so if he wants that he might have random calls; just setup the phone on the no call list, works 90% of the time. 

Jonavin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You probably don't want a recycled number though. Lots of unwanted calls and text unless that number used to belong to a data only plan (not phone plan).

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

you could also try waiting a few hours/days and maybe a recycled number becomes available - it changes constantly. 

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Area codes are distributed to phone companies for certain areas.  PM has probably eun out of assigned 416 and 647 numbers.  The 519 and 226 overplayed Southern Ontario numbers are also running out, so a new code was assigned here also.

Need Help? Let's chat.