cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New offers

J_defehr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just signed up for a monthly plan last month, now the same plan has twice the amount of data for new customers. I just signed up last month... is there any way to take advantage of this offer?

8 REPLIES 8

alexamo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Deleted

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Plans vary @will13am, like all other providers offer promotional rate plans to new customers or to existing customers. At this time, we don't have any retention plans aside from our current ones (which can be found here) but you'll definitely hear about a promo if we do launch one! 🙂

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

@Mary_M, now that Public Mobile is doing targeted promotions, is there a companion retention option for existing customers to reach out to?  The one good thing about Public Mobile was all plans and discounts were uniformly available to any customer.  If there is going to be favoritism given to new activations going forward, you are going to see the constant whine from the existing client base because they are not being valued equally.  Other brands that have targeted deals include a retention option. 

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @J_defehr and fellow community members!

Thank you for contacting us regarding the 1GB promo! As part of the promotion, it's only available upon the self-activation online - not in the self-serve therefor it won't be possible to activate it. We invite you, however, to check out our other plans online! https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@J_defehr

I suspect you're thinking about the $30/30-day/1GB promo, "Limited Time Offer", "New Customers Only".

I'm not sure if you can change to this plan as described above because this promo is "New Customers only".  But if not, you can ask the mods to change it for you.  They might or might not be able to do so, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

And if they can't/won't do it ... You can let your current plan expire and sign on again as a "New Customer".  The downsides are that you'll need a different email account (at least initially), you'll get a different phone number (permanently, because you can't port your existing number from PM to PM), you'll need a new PM SIM card ($10), and you'll waste any available funds or Rewards sitting in your currently-active account.  An upside is "no risk" - if the "Limited Time Offer" becomes unavailable then you can still reactivate your currently-active PM account, it'll remain suspended for up to 90 days without losing the account, the SIM card, or the phone number.

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Note that in the past, price changes to plans and many promos were available to all customers and as @MoreYummy mentioned, you could make the change to newer plans through self-serve. However, the new $30/1gb plan is not available to current customers. Hopefully, there will be future promos benefitting all of us...but I wouldn't hold my breath.

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hello @J_defehr, I'm not sure which plan promo you are referring to. The only recent promo I am familiar with that has just emerged is the 3G plan for $30/1gb/30days, which is $3 dollars cheaper per month than the 90 day plan (3gb/$99). Besides that, there are the Koodo switchover deals - which are another issue altogether...

Unfortunately, you would have to activate a new account (new SIM, new phone number) in order to take advantage of the promo for new customers.

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

See if the plan is in the self serve section, if so simply change to that plan on your next billing cycle.

Need Help? Let's chat.