cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New members get international texting..can I switch?

sabertoothjan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've been with Public Mobile for a couple of years and I'm grandfathered in with a plan that includes canada-wide text. Now I see that International Texting is the ONLY texting option for new users...

Is there any way I can get international texting without losing my grandfathered-in plan? Bit of a bummer because I'd love that option. 

8 REPLIES 8

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You could use apps to contact people who live outside of Canada.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@sabertoothjan Or do what I did and opt for the 3G data speed. That's what I did; more data at same price! Robot wink

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@sabertoothjan, you can get the following for $105 for 90 days but you would also qualify for loyalty rewards which if you are a grandfathered plan you would probably be close to getting $3 a month discount.  So that could bring the price down to around $32 a month or $96 90 days.

• Province wide calling
  • Global texting
  • 1.5GB LTE data

So for a couple bucks more a month you would get global texting and .5GB more data over your 90 days and be able to get rerral rewards, community rewards and loyalty rewards.  Sounds like a good upgrade to me.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

sabertoothjan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It's the 

• Pick & Pay
  • $90 per 90 Days

This plan includes: 

• - 1GB Data
  • - 3 Choices (Grandfathered)
  • - Unlimited Canada-wide Text
  • - Unlimited Provincial Talk

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Is your current plan a pick and pay plan eligible for rewards?  If not(ie you have phone support)  switching to a curent plan will allow you to get loyalty rewards and auto pay rewards etc...

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

As mentioned above, you'll loose your previous plan because you'd have to activate an in-market plan to get global text, and you can't get it back.

If you are on a legacy plan you'll also loose access to the phone support if you switch to an in market plan.

What exact plan are you on?

There are people here who were on the original 90/90 plan who found the slightly modified new 90/90 plan (unlimited provincial talk / unlimited global text / 1.5GB data per 90 days at $90) a better match. So, depending on what you have right now and what's important to you, you might find a good or better fit in the current in-maket plans?

Andy1000
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi

No you can't add it unless you change your plan.

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

No, you can only do so by switching plans. 

Need Help? Let's chat.