cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New & No Service

Cwelsh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up & my account was activated last night. I am transferring from another provider and included my previous acct # & Tel #. I put in my SIM card and I do not have service. The message is that my sim card is invalid and that my phone is locked. I have followed the suggestions in 2 other feeds below, but was unsuccessful. I sent 2 private messages to the moderators 9 hours ago but have not received a reply. Can someone please help me?

6 REPLIES 6

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Cwelsh welcome to Public Mobile!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Cwelsh

Happy to say my phone is unlocked now & working!Thanks again!

Cwelsh

Thanks everyone!! I am talking to my previous provider now!

srlawren

@Cwelsh sounds like your phone is locked to your previous provider.  Did you purchase it from a provider (other than Telus/Koodo) prior to Dec 2017?  If so, it likely came locked to that provider, and you need to contact the provider that sold it to you to obtain an unlock code.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Cwelsh wrote:

I signed up & my account was activated last night. I am transferring from another provider and included my previous acct # & Tel #. I put in my SIM card and I do not have service. The message is that my sim card is invalid and that my phone is locked. I have followed the suggestions in 2 other feeds below, but was unsuccessful. I sent 2 private messages to the moderators 9 hours ago but have not received a reply. Can someone please help me?

Is your phone networked (provider) locked or SIM locked where you need a PUK code?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

popping

@Cwelsh wrote:

Moderator wait time is 48 - 72 hours.

Login to your account.

Is your account status active?

If yes, can you call out and send text message?

If no, your plan features may not provisioned correctly.  Use the lost/stolen phone trick to re-provision your plan features again.

Need Help? Let's chat.