cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New activation network problems

MatiBoss_31
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello guys

I'm trying to write to everyone I can to get some help!

Last Thursday I activated my new number with PM. From the first day I wasn't able to call( my account is active), the next day I even bought a new phone, now I cannot do anything, "Not registered on network" is what I get if I try do make a call or send a sms.

Moderator team suggested to buy a new SIM and reach them back with the new SIM number.

Which I did yesterday, but after that no more contacts from them. I really don't know what to do anymore, I understand being patient, but never thought that the "community" will take so long to respond! Just, ....

6 REPLIES 6

@MatiBoss_31 Your two threads have been merged.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@MatiBoss_31 , if your SIM card is indeed the problem and needs replacing, you can do that in your self serve account by using the change SIM card function.  Just add the new SIM card number and that will replace the old one.  There's no need to wait for moderator team assistance.

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Ummmm... are you sure that the sim card is bad?

You have used it in a phone that is known to work with the PM network? (I realize that you bought a new phone... but is it compatible with the PM network?).

I would do some basic trouble shooting b4 changing the SIM out...

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Welcome to the community. Hope your issues get sorted out quickly!

Also, just so you know, the community forums here are actually quite fast at responding when trying to solve issues, but they can only do so much. But if it's a problem that can be solved by fellow community members, then it's often faster to post your issue here than contacting the moderators. The moderator team has been quite backed up lately and can take some time to reply (like a couple of hours to a couple of days).

As for your problem, have you checked the compatibility of your new phone, to see if it will work with Public Mobile? If you visit the Get Started page (https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-started) then you can check your new phone's compatibility.

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@MatiBoss_31 wrote:

Hello guys

Last Thursday I activated my new number with PM. From the first day I wasn't able to call( my account is active), the next day I even bought a new phone, now I cannot do anything, "Not registered on network" is what I get if I try do make a call or send a sms.

Moderator team suggested to buy a new SIM and reach them back with the new SIM number.

Which I did yesterday, but after that no more contacts from them. I really don't know what to do anymore, I understand being patient, but never thought that the "community" will take so long to respond! Just, ....

We are the "community". The  Moderators are part of PM.

As for them asking to let them know when you got your new SIM, did you reply to the original Moderator that told you this? Or did you submit a new message to the Moderators.

If you did a new one, I would reply to the original Moderator. In my experience, this was the fastest way to get a reply.

I hope you get this resolved soon. Best of luck.

MatiBoss_31
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello guys

Need Help? Let's chat.