cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Tri Punch Sims

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
So got a PM from PM asking if I was interested in testing out the new Tripunch sim. Saying yes as love to play with anything pertaining to cell phones I was expecting some dummy sims but actually got some actual activation sims.

Thanks PM.

I have given one out to a friend at work dying to get on PM and the good news it is also eligible for the $10 beta discount.
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e319/airbusmazda6/Mobile%20Uploads/81FD3197-5014-4393-A66D-F04B414...

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e319/airbusmazda6/Mobile%20Uploads/F52479AD-05F3-4F42-BC2F-D79059E...
27 REPLIES 27

DK
5gb
Unlimited North America Voice
Unlimited Global Text
Call Id/Enhanced Vm

Plus the usual features

Martin
Legend
Legend
Makkahn28,

You don't even know what the $55 Rogers corporate plan provides, but you're saying that PM can benefit from more features. On what factual basis is your statement based?

Since DK's wife is a PM customer, and he plans on becoming one, aren't two endorsements adequate?

In every situation, there are people with a positive perspective, and those with a negative one. Considering that PM is in flux, correcting problems, why not take a positive approach, instead of a worrisome one?

What you get from Rogers for $55? Features, I can pretty much imagine. PM can Certainly use some more things in the end

Martin
Legend
Legend
DK,

How do the features that you have in your $55 plan compared to those in a PM grandfathered $60 plan?

If it is a work corporate plan which involved signing a nondisclosure agreement, your non- reply will be taken as a response regarding the above.

DK
Yes, keep your account in good standing and you should be OK but at least we don't have any credits that can be revoked once a contract expires. My wife is on Public but me personally am with Rogers for another 18 months and there are credits involved via a work corporate plan. Once credits are up, the plan jumps by $20. I can't complain as the plan is awesome for the $55 I pay and the features I get.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Historically, Telus and Koodoo don't tamper with grandfathered plans.

You can worry all that you want, but, in the end, you will have an ulcer to show for it.

yes, but there's no 100% guarantee of GF plans remaining untouched. Anything can happen, so that's why I think PM needs to seriously rethink certain things. Plus, if they offer Global txt, plus 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5 Gig data, and it costed between $65-$75, and threw in some US long distance, 3-500 Mins, that can certainly prove to be a lucrative plan for those who are serious. Just my humble opinion. As it is, I am dreading when the other shoe will drop

Martin
Legend
Legend
That's the benefit of being grandfathered. As the features of new plans slowly but steadily rise in price in the coming years, the cost of grandfathered plans remains constant.

Though I know what that $20 thing meant, I still have concerns about pricing in future. Prices need to be kept in check. one plan option alone is fair, but can you imagine if one plan was $35 starting, nevermind adding other stuff? This can be a long term concern, to a degree

Martin
Legend
Legend
Mansi,

Thank you for the clarification.

Mansi_G
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired
That is correct.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi Mansi,

Correct me if the following is wrong: A customer who activates during Beta will receive a $10 monthly rebate for 12 months ($120) even if Beta were to end in the middle of next month.

Is the above correct?

Mansi_G
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired
Hi Martin,

Let's say BETA continues for X number of months, customers who activates in BETA phase will get BETA credit, i.e., $10 off per month for 12 months. And this 12 month period is determined by their activation date.
For example, a BETA customer who activates in March will get $10 off per month for 12 months starting March. And who activates in April, it will be for 12 months starting April.

Martin
Legend
Legend
DK,

For several years, I had a USA-oriented business. I had the misfortune of transacting with a convicted identity thief and all-around scammer. After purchasing several hundred dollars of services from me, he went to his CC issuer, claiming a full charge back.

He ultimately lost because he hadn't read the Terms of Service, though they were in Arial 12 font on the purchase orders!

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi Mansi,

The Beta credit is $10 monthly for 12 months.

You stated above, BETA credit ... will end with BETA phase.

Please clarify as the phrase implies that PM will be in Beta for a total of 12 months.

Thank you.

Mansi_G
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

I would like to thank all of you for providing your feedback on tri-punch SIMs Smiley Happy

Special mention and congrats to @chukdefatey for being the first whose idea is implemented off Public Lab.

To clarify the sentence - "With Public Mobile, you get to build your plan starting from $20" means that $20 Canada-wide text plan is the cheapest plan we have at the moment - not taking in consideration the BETA credit as it will end with BETA phase.

Hope this clarifies. 

I think Mansi_G should clarify what that $20 thing was all about. If that is accurate, That was a price increase, though slightly, but very alarmingly. Very concerned that ppl like us are being squeezed out. very nervous, shocked, like dumbfounded

DK
@martin, agreed there should be an asterisk there claiming $20 after the the rebate is applied off $30 starter price.

Worked in retail for over 10 years selling electronics and alot of people don't bother to read though so you will always have issues with a certain percentage of subscribers. Same thing with people asking automotive questions. 90% of the time if someone had bothered to read owners manual the answer to question is there.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
Since this was my idea, I was the first one to receive them but been busy to post my expereince so Thanks to everyone who has Provided there feedback.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi DK,

Your math may be perfect, but users are not expected to be mind readers.

The card says $20, but mentions rewards to bring costs down.

Down from what? $20 as stated on the card, or $10 as noted on the website?

I suspect that a lot of people are going to question the $10/$20 apparent contradiction.

DK
Yes agreed but after the $10 off exclusive offer for Beta it does roll back to $20 no?

Martin
Legend
Legend
On the instruction card, under With Public Mobile, you get:
.to build your own plan starting from $20

Considering that the site notes that $10 is required, how much negative feedback do you think the $20 will cause?

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

I received 2, and provided feedback to Mansi as requested in the attached note.

Awesome

DK
Well congrats to everyone who got them.

All of us who are "Great Citizen" have received Tri Punch Sims samples.

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

I already have my Tri-Sim samples. So far, very ingenious. Now, if our cells broke, and new replacements required a reg or micro-Sim, and we were using the nano-Sim option on our previous handsets, would be nice to reattach so that we can use on phones w/o having to reorder, so that PM doesn't have to resend orders, its environmentally friendly, and efficient. Wished PM can create a NFC Tri-Sim as well. That can bring some new opportunities. Also, maybe PM should consider a Tri-Sim for tablets as well, offering different types of services to those who wish for specific services.

Also, maybe PM should consider a Sim where we can reuse a # of times, 5-10 example, before we need to reorder another Sim. That way, Sims are given some extended life beyond the 1 time use. 

Need Help? Let's chat.