cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Sim Card Help

jblack86
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I went to Walmart and they said they can't sell me a sim card unless I get a new activation. I don't want that because then my number would change (lost previous phone and sim). If I order it online with Public can I just put in the sim on my new phone and have my number stay the same?

3 REPLIES 3

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@jblack86, I appreciate Walmart's desire to do activations and obtain whatever commission is associated with completing this step.  Surely, customers who need a replacement SIM should be sold one and exempt from the activation requirement.  @Brooke_C, please weigh in on this.  Customer need clear information on the retail partnership with Walmart.  If they only sell activated SIM cards, customers not needing/wanting a new account will need to seek alternatives for new SIM cards.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

WOW Mobile will sell you a sim without activation if that's easier.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jblack86, There is no problem keeping your old number.  Once you have your new SIM card, you simply log into your self service portal, and update your SIM card number into your account.  Then you insert the SIM into your (new) phone, and your new phone now has your old number.

Need Help? Let's chat.