cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New SIM design leaked?

Poogzley
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I was searching for an image of a Public Mobile SIM for another post I was working on and I came across this:Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 8.27.10 PM.png

I can't help but notice that the people on the SIM are the same as on the Public Mobile website: Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 8.30.54 PM.png

I ordered a new SIM a few days a ago and it was still the old design so I have a feeling that this is a leak of what is to come 😜

@Alan_K any hints on when we might see these in the wild?

11 REPLIES 11

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Crazy to look back on this from so many years ago, the progress is insane. 

20230707_211057.jpg20230707_211138.jpg20230707_211348.jpg20230707_211456.jpg20230707_211556.jpg20230707_211758.jpg20230707_212102.jpg

@cavemantoronto

It's marketing. Exciting New Rebrand and all that.

I personally prefer ye olde PM logo on my contacts image - it represents the phone company I originally signed up with - not quite the same thing as the phone company I'm still signed up with.

But, hey, other companies (like Apple, Google, etc) have become hugely successful by selling fashion instead of selling tech/service, and you just can't argue with success.

YVR

@Poogzley  the new design image is showing when trying to order

The new SIM image is now on public mobile websiteThe new SIM image is now on public mobile website

Customers should start getting the new sim design eventually.  Probably will need to deplete the old design before these are getting out there.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Poogzley wrote:

I was searching for an image of a Public Mobile SIM for another post I was working on and I came across this:Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 8.27.10 PM.png

I can't help but notice that the people on the SIM are the same as on the Public Mobile website: Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 8.30.54 PM.png

I ordered a new SIM a few days a ago and it was still the old design so I have a feeling that this is a leak of what is to come 😜

@Alan_K any hints on when we might see these in the wild?

It's a drawing. It could be the deisgn or could be nothing. No advantage over different designs.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

@Poogzley wrote:

@RossN wrote:

@Poogzley now I heard that was going to be on the back of the new 5 dollar bill lol

It would be nice if the SIM cards only cost 5$!

I agree.  Skip the cost of a redesign and sell it to customers at a lower cost.  

Agree.  I like the Cityfone/Zoomer SIM white in color.  If I find one on the street, I will not know that it is a Cityfone SIM card.

Poogzley

@Triguy wrote:

Sims should be free.  Providers would get the money back through consumer's plan cost.  It could entice more people to signup for a new account.

@Triguy Sims used to be free but unfortunately people took advantage of this and would order tons of them for "fun" and never actually activate them.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Sims should be free.  Providers would get the money back through consumer's plan cost.  It could entice more people to signup for a new account.

@Poogzley wrote:

@RossN wrote:

@Poogzley now I heard that was going to be on the back of the new 5 dollar bill lol

I agree.  Skip the cost of a redesign and sell it to customers at a lower cost.  

Poogzley

@RossN wrote:

homephone
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

the $10 bill in fact

RossN
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.