cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Public Mobile customer start up help

FrankRizzo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello all.  I would appreciate any input please.  I just signed up and activated my phone.

The service is now running and I can make phone calls no problem.  But text messages come in and dissapear when I go to look at them and when I go to send text messages they dissapear as well.  Also my clock on my phone is 1.5hrs behind.  Im within the first hour of activation.  Will this all smooth out in a few hours?  Thanks for your time and input!

12 REPLIES 12

glad things worked for you @FrankRizzo  welcome to Pm we got your back lol

FrankRizzo

Yes that worked ha!  Thanks very much!

FrankRizzo

Thank you all guys!  Much appreciated!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@FrankRizzo 

Settings/date + time - two sliders for automatic.

Edit: solved in the meantime.

FrankRizzo

Just solved my problem thanks for your input!  Cheers!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@FrankRizzo wrote:

Hello all.  I would appreciate any input please.  I just signed up and activated my phone.

The service is now running and I can make phone calls no problem.  But text messages come in and dissapear when I go to look at them and when I go to send text messages they dissapear as well.  Also my clock on my phone is 1.5hrs behind.  Im within the first hour of activation.  Will this all smooth out in a few hours?  Thanks for your time and input!

@FrankRizzo  Are you using a new phone previously owned? Sounds like you might have to do a reset. The time should dispay correctly from the start unless it's set to manual mode.

FrankRizzo

Ok I will try that as well, thank you!

@FrankRizzoTry set the time and timezone manually and see if the text issue would go away.

FrankRizzo

Ok I will try that.  Thank you!

FrankRizzo

Windows Phone Lumia 435.  It worked fine before.  I just came from Telus. 

Ive restarted a few times to see if that would help to no luck. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

It seems you need to go into your settings and auto sinc your date and time I know that screws things up on my phone

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@FrankRizzoIt sounds like it is a problem with your phone more than Public. What phone and model is it? Do you know if others can receive your text and they can send text to you without any errors??

Need Help? Let's chat.