cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Phone doesn't connect to data

Meg93
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently bought a new phone (Zenfone 5Q) and for some reason it will not connect to data at all. It doesn't show that it is trying to connect to data. Under settings it says that data is enabled and my plan is supposed to come with data. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

7 REPLIES 7

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Alex888 wrote:

Have you tried turning your wifi off? Make sure it's not in data saver mode. Check that the prefered network is set to Auto.

You can also try turning Airplane mode on for 30 sec then turn it off, if it still doesn't work turn your data off, turn airplane mode back on, turn your phone off, leave it for a minute, turn it on, turn off airplane mode, wait 30 sec, turn the data on.

@Alex888 these are good suggestions, but for future reference, whenever you see "zenfone" or "asus", it probably requires manual APN configuration.  I'm not sure why, I guess Asus donesn't include Public Mobile APN info in their firmware for whatever reason.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Thank you to let us know @Meg93!!

Meg93
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you so much! That worked 🙂

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

Have you tried turning your wifi off? Make sure it's not in data saver mode. Check that the prefered network is set to Auto.

You can also try turning Airplane mode on for 30 sec then turn it off, if it still doesn't work turn your data off, turn airplane mode back on, turn your phone off, leave it for a minute, turn it on, turn off airplane mode, wait 30 sec, turn the data on.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Sorry for the mixed with the pictures.... when it says: laisser ce champ libre ... it means don’t write anything...

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

AD2697C7-030E-45EC-BBCC-34EDAECF22B3.png

AD6C4BC2-ECA9-4DFD-8122-772880D2358D.png

B925C840-F472-493F-BBAA-0E7D49987F09.png

Need Help? Let's chat.