cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Account. Unable to receive calls or texts. Port Unsuccessful?

Tailtunz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just finished setting up a new account.

I received the Generic Error - Oh no! 

It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic.

Log out and then log back in again to continue. Or return to the Login Page.

When I created the account.

I was able to create the Self Serve account.

I ported the previous Rogers pay as you go number to PM during setup.

I am able to make calls and send texts but am unable to receive any.

From what I have read this means the port was unsuccessful.

During setup I entered the IMEI and the phone number.

How long does a port ususally take?

The pay as you go rogers account is still active but has no minutes.

Do I need a moderator to help me resolve this?

I still have 3 other phones I was planning on switching over to PM.

So when I setup the other 3 phones should I skip the porting on setup and choose to port the number over afterwards? I have another Rogers phone and two Virgin phones to transfer.

I would like to keep our existing phone numbers on all

Please Advise 

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

Tailtunz

OK great. Everything is now setup and working on this Android LG G5 that was previously setup on a rogers pay as you go. The moderator assisted me on porting the phone number. I did have to enter the APN details manually on this phone and the Data is also working well now.

I also setup our other 3 phones today without any issues. I took the advice of the community and ported the numbers over AFTER activating the Sim card. I just chose a random phone number and logged into the self serve portal and changed the phone number there. It took less than an hour for the porting to complete on all 3 phones. One phone was an Apple SE , and two Galaxy S5's . These phones configured the APN automatically. I am not sure why the LG G5 was such a pain to setup. All is well and many thanks to the community for the help. I am a pretty technical guy with many years of rooting phones and building computers and will contribute back to the community whenever possible. Cheers !!

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hey there Tailtunz,

Thank you for contacting us back and providing us with all your informations. I will be happy to help.
I truly apologize for all the issues it has brought to you. 

I will be more than happy to help you with your port issue.

Please check your private messages.

P.S : Thank you to the Community members reaching out! This is great.

Best regards,

Lamie

Doonerz
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Tailtunz wrote:

Free sim cards this weekend?

I have already ordered and paid for 4 cards online.

Only one activated at the moment.

Until I can get this one phone operating as it should, I will not move forward with another.

You could keep a couple extra SIM cards and use them for future promotions. I have two waiting for porting in and out of for later. 

Tailtunz

Patience I have.

I am awaiting the moderator to respond to my issue with the porting.

Be patient @Tailtunz everything will be ok soon... with some help first...Smiley Wink

Tailtunz

Free sim cards this weekend?

I have already ordered and paid for 4 cards online.

Only one activated at the moment.

Until I can get this one phone operating as it should, I will not move forward with another.

Tailtunz

Well, I thought I was prepared.

Porting the old number is what seems to be toublesome.

I will certainly take advantage of the referral rewards once I can get this one phone up and running as it should. It seems the Data is also not working but I would guess this also has something to do with porting issue.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Do you know that the sim cards are free this week-end and second month free too @Tailtunz ??? If you activate at HOME not at store!!!!

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Tailtunz Fair warning: BE PREPARED Robot wink

AND don't forget to give your PM number as the referral when activating those other 3 numbers - $10 credit to each of them plus $1/30 day saving for each to you! Love those Rewards. Robot Very Happy

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Doonerz
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It may also be due to the fact that you have no more minutes on your Rogers Pay As You Go account. Activated vs minutes remaining is different (at least that is the case with 7-11 Speakout which is also a pay as you go service. 

Perhaps try porting from an account that has remaining minutes? 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Tailtunz It usually takes 1-2 hours for port to complete. But i am suspecting that it did not go through because you provided IMEI number instead of an account number. So you will need to send a private message to the Moderator_Team

For other accounts, its better to pick a new number and then port in later from your self-serve account. Make sure to provide the account number instead of IMEI number. 

Need Help? Let's chat.