cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network

AdamLove
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Are all public mobile plans on 3gb networks or 4gb and is there a 5gb network coming...?

2 REPLIES 2

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Staliger wrote:

@AdamLove Yes, only 3g network. It is basically 4g structure, but speed is limited to 3g

@Staliger this part isn't quite right:  All current plans* here are delivered via 4G LTE but throttled to 3Mbps ("3G"-like speeds), with fallback to HSPA+ 3G when an LTE signal isn't available.

* with the exception of the data-only 1GB plan for $30, which is delivered via non-throttled, full-speed LTE, with fallback to HSPA+ 3G.

EDIT: I'm revising this a little since I just found another post from @AdamLove where he said he clicked over a year in Jan.  Adam, the answer to what speeds you're currently gettin are "it depends".  See here to tell what speed your current plan is, since if it's from a year ago, you could be grandfathered on a full-speed LTE plan without throttling:  How to tell data plan speed

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@AdamLove wrote:

Are all public mobile plans on 3gb networks or 4gb and is there a 5gb network coming...?

@AdamLove Yes, only 3g network. It is basically 4g structure, but speed is limited to 3g. 5g network... I doubt it.

Need Help? Let's chat.