cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Network sharing basics

@sheytoon once again, thank you for that excellent technical explanation!  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@srlawren

My pleasure!

One thing that I'm still trying to figure out is why there is a speed discrepancy.

I'll have to check my results to make sure CA was active on PM. I thought it was, but need to double check. Will update the other thread when I have some free time. Hopefully I didn't make any mistakes during my testing.

Re: Network sharing explained!

Here are the RAN sharing scenarios across Canada:

• BC, Alberta: Mostly Telus RAN, shared with Bell. Some areas like northern BC are Bell RAN, shared with Telus.
  • Saskatchewan: Sasktel RAN, shared with Bell and Telus.
  • Manitoba: Telus RAN, shared with Bell in some parts.
  • Manitoba: Bell (MTS) and Rogers RANs, shared with each other (and Telus in some parts).
  • Ontario: Mostly Bell and some Telus RAN, shared with each other. Windsor and Ottawa are Telus, the rest is Bell.
  • Quebec: Bell and Telus RANs, shared with each other. Gatineau, Montreal, Quebec City and Gaspé region are Telus, the rest is Bell.
  • Quebec (including Ottawa): Rogers and Videotron RANs (LTE only), shared with each other.
  • New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, PEI, Newfoundland & Labrador: Bell RAN, shared with Telus.
  • Territories: Bell RAN, shared with Telus.

This info is all publicly available by looking at site maps and company press releases. Site map here: https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So which phones or specific models currently support the tri-band carrier aggregation by Bell/Telus?

Cause it seems to me that my LG G Flex 2 and Huawei Mate 8 do not support carrier aggregation, at least not from the current Bell/Telus setup.

@edward203203Zen phone is one of few that support Roberlous and others.

@edward203203
For tri-band CA (3-CA) on Bell and Telus, currently I am aware of HTC 10 and the following Samsung phones:
S7, S7 Edge, S6 Edge Plus, Note 5.

For 2-CA, there's too many phones to list.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@sheytoon

Do you know if the global version S7/S7 Edge gets access to Tri-band CA or do you need the Canadian Variant (like SM-G935W8 or SM-G930W8)?

Sorry, I don't know.
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@sheytoon wrote:

Here are the RAN sharing scenarios across Canada:

• BC, Alberta: Mostly Telus RAN, shared with Bell. Some areas like northern BC are Bell RAN, shared with Telus.
  • Saskatchewan: Sasktel RAN, shared with Bell and Telus.
  • Manitoba: Telus RAN, shared with Bell.
  • Manitoba: MTS and Rogers RANs, shared with each other.
  • Ontario: Mostly Bell and some Telus RAN, shared with each other. Windsor and Ottawa are Telus, the rest is Bell.
  • Quebec: Bell and Telus RANs, shared with each other. Gatineau, Montreal, Quebec City and Gaspé region are Telus, the rest is Bell.
  • Quebec (including Ottawa): Rogers and Videotron RANs (LTE only), shared with each other.
  • New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, PEI, Newfoundland & Labrador: Bell RAN, shared with Telus.
  • Territories: Bell RAN, shared with Telus.

This info is all publicly available by looking at site maps and company press releases. Site map here: https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html

I believe TELUS serves some of Labrador near the Quebec border, could be wrong.

@jpar
Not as far as I know. Do you know which location? Town name, GPS coordinates, street intersection, etc?