cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Status banner?

biros
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Why is there no "Network Status" banner badge or menu item in the Community?  Log in to the community and there could be a green/amber/red badge in the top bar to indicate network status, and if not green, click on it to see where and what outages are occurring... saving the guesswork.... just a thought.   My ISP and HydroOne have this to keep people proactively apprised of anomalous situations. Just a thought.

8 REPLIES 8

DC1

This appeared on my Motorola a few days ago , it now has a network status slide down at the top of the screen thats titled as "Phone services" with the service on hours below that is the new voicemail flag.

thealexofevil

So much for that idea. That begs the question of why they don't simply delete it instead of leaving it publicly accessible.

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@thealexofevil Public Lab was closed on  February 1st 2018.

thealexofevil

Why not post the idea in the Public Lab and see if it flies?

LEGO

What I meant is: service was down in some part of Canada and you would receive an SMS that not to be worry in case you will be affected also (if you are in another part of Canada). Just in case! Woman Wink

biros

It could be a little catch 22 -

Received SMS: "We would like to notify you that SMS and Voice services are presently down".

Received after the network comes back online in your cell.   🙂

- but yes, if possible

biros

Yes, i did eventually find that specific thread in that group and that comment inserted into the thread... yes. And I am not denying that one can log in and  noodle around to suss together what exactly is going on.

Actually, in the interest of clarity however, I'll rephrase: Why not have a Network Status banner?

LEGO

@biros wrote:

Why is there no "Network Status" banner badge or menu item in the Community?  Log in to the community and there could be a green/amber/red badge in the top bar to indicate network status, and if not green, click on it to see where and what outages are occurring... saving the guesswork.... just a thought.   My ISP and HydroOne have this to keep people proactively apprised of anomalous situations. Just a thought.

A good thought, but I would also prefer to receive an SMS about outage, if possible.

Need Help? Let's chat.