cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to Cancel

teamshatt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I currently have my son and I set up on Public Mobile. I need to cancel my son's account as his phone is broken. It is setup with autopay so it keeps renewing. I can't access his self serve because it needs confirmation via text from the broken phone. The phone number is 

phone number removed by computergeek541

13 REPLIES 13

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

@teamshatt wrote:

Yes. Phones are not compatible

... A moderator is someone who works for public mobile? When will they get back to me?

So it sounds like it's the SIM card that's not "compatible". If you were both on Public Mobile then the SIM will be compatible. So then it sounds like maybe it's a size thing. SIM's come in 3 sizes. There's the tiny part that is just the contacts. There's the slightly larger size that has a small frame around the contacts. Then there's the full size.

They can be snapped out and (carefully) back together.

If you still have the card that it came with then you should be able to get to the right size.

Picture to support what @Anonymous said.  Nano SIM + Micro and Standard(Mini) adaptors will let you to use it in Nano, Micro or Mini SIM card phone.

3-in-1-SIM

Anonymous
Not applicable

@teamshatt wrote:

... A moderator is someone who works for public mobile? When will they get back to me?

So it sounds like it's the SIM card that's not "compatible". If you were both on Public Mobile then the SIM will be compatible. So then it sounds like maybe it's a size thing. SIM's come in 3 sizes. There's the tiny part that is just the contacts. There's the slightly larger size that has a small frame around the contacts. Then there's the full size.

They can be snapped out and (carefully) back together.

If you still have the card that it came with then you should be able to get to the right size.

it could take 2 to 48 hours for moderator assistance

@teamshatt 

Yes, moderators are PM employees.  The wait times are 1-2 days.  

teamshatt

teamshatt

I have tried this only to find out that they are not compatible

Anonymous
Not applicable

@teamshatt wrote:

@RossN 

Edited please help with my situation

popping had a splendid idea. Did you try that?

teamshatt

@RossN 

Edited please help with my situation

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@teamshatt wrote:

So I currently have my son and I set up on Public Mobile. I need to cancel my son's account as his phone is broken. It is setup with autopay so it keeps renewing. I can't access his self serve because it needs confirmation via text from the broken phone. The phone number is xxxxxxx.

While you are waiting for moderator as suggested by others, you can take his SIM card out of his broken phone and use your phone to receive text messsage to create his self-serve account.  No waiting and DIY

teamshatt

Edited

chelsealzl
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yeah as said above, contacting the moderator team would be your best option.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@teamshatt please delete your phone number this is a public forum touch the 3 dot in the top right hand corner to edit post

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@teamshatt  

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Note: Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

Need Help? Let's chat.