cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help understanding PM

Nadinka
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am a bit puzzled by the information on the website and need help.

1. How do 90 day plans work? Is the price listed on the side what I would pay every 90 days?

2. Is there any discounts if I have more than one line on the account?

3. If I find a plan I like, I guess I need to buy a SIM card, but how do I get a correct plan then attached to it?

4. Can I keep my phone number that I have with different provider?

5. If I get promotional 90 day plan, is extra data available only for the first 90 days or as long as I don't change my plan? Will the price remain the same as long as I don't change the plan?

Thank you in advance

10 REPLIES 10

Balanceman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

1. The 90 day plan is pre-paid but acts as a post-paid plan.  The services you purchase on pre-paid expires after 90 days.  So you will have to renew your plan every 90 days.

2. You can benefit from referral bonuses if you refer another number.

3. You need a sim card before you can add a plan.

4. You can port your number over.

5. The plan renews for an indefinite amount of time assuming it is in good standing.

Hope that helps!

@Nadinka 

A. If you want the 6 GB bonus promo do not wait. PM often announces termination of promos only a day before they end.

B. Every "base" plan must have at least one of calling, texting, or data. You may purchase a

the data add-on with any base plan, but the long distance add-ons require calling in the base plan.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Nadinka wrote:

also, what is the cheapest package (no data, no voice mail, no text). Thanks

@Nadinka

The cheapest talk-only packages are province-wide $27 for 30 days, or $76 for 90 days ($25.33/month). I believe all talk plans automatically include voice mail.  Add $5 per 30 days to those plans if you want nationwide talk.

srlawren

@Nadinka are you referring to the bonus data offer?  No end date has been communicated yet to the best of my knowledge.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Nadinka

Thank you. Can you tell me till what time the special offer on the 6GB 90 day package will end? Just try to figure out if I need to rush to the store today 🙂

also, what is the cheapest package (no data, no voice mail, no text). Thanks

SD08

@Nadinka wrote:

2. Is there any discounts if I have more than one line on the account?

As mentioned, PM only allows one phone line per account.  PM doesn't offer volume discounts for having multiple accounts, but they do have referral rewards.  You can use the first account to refer the others.  Each account referred results in a $1 per month discount for the account that did the referring.  More about referral (and other) rewards here:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/General-Reward-Rules/ta-p/164

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
@Nadinka,

It could be a bit tricky understanding how things work at PM. The Community can be a really good resource to help customers understand the ins and outs.

@Nadinka wrote:

Thank you, that is helpfull. One more question, can data be shared between the lines under the same account?

With PM's prepaid concept there is one line per account. For an additional line you get an additional account. The data cannot be shared between accounts / lines.

Nadinka

Thank you, that is helpfull. One more question, can data be shared between the lines under the same account?

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

1. How do 90 day plans work? Is the price listed on the side what I would pay every 90 days? >> yes

2. Is there any discounts if I have more than one line on the account? >> sort of: additonal lines can give the primary number as "Referral" and the primary will get $1/30 days reward foe each extra line.

3. If I find a plan I like, I guess I need to buy a SIM card, but how do I get a correct plan then attached to it? >> once you have a SIM you activate it. During activatiuon you choose the plan you wish.

4. Can I keep my phone number that I have with different provider? Yes, but DO NOT cancel your current account. That happens automatically once the transfer is complete. Suggested reading: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/BE-PREPARED/m-p/112014#M20827

5. If I get promotional 90 day plan, is extra data available only for the first 90 days or as long as I don't change my plan? Will the price remain the same as long as I don't change the plan? >> Yes to both.

Feel free to ask whatever you need to make an informed decision. Remember, there is no call centre. ALL HELP begins here in the forum.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.