cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help porting in

geniusowl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I think @CS_Agent needs to take a look into this:

I started a port in to Public Mobile last night. I received a text message that said I had to go on the website and click on Contact Us and do SIM card/porting process (which I had alread done and paid for my plan) but nothing else happened since then.

I had ported in PM when it first came around and it didn't take more that 45 mins to get active.

17 REPLIES 17

harvester434

tHAT DOES NOT WORK

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@geniusowl,

Glad to hear your issue has been resolved. 🙂

Acekiller

hope your issue get resolved soon!

@mimmo wrote:

@srlawren don't forget the fall 2016 backlog 2weeks was it??  for moderator support.  Yes an extreme example, but it is similar to what happened with the other providers over the weekend.

Yes, however EVERYONE who posted here had a response from someone. Never just dead air. It is good to know that PM's systems may not be so far behind if Rogellus can be too busy to accept new activations! Robot wink

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

geniusowl

Thanks @Garry

@Simon_O solved my issue 🙂

Garry
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Bump.....

I tagged this thread for you OP.

#sucker4punishment.

😂😂😂

geniusowl

No worries @srlawren. I started whining myself! 🙂

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@geniusowl sorry for the thread-jacking!  I hope you hear back from the moderators soon.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

geniusowl

Guys, thanks for weighing in!

Let's not get distracted here: I started this thread to get help from Public Mobile guys on my portin issue, and still am waiting for @CS_Agent to get back to me.

Thank you!

srlawren

@mimmo touche.  Yeah, there's no perfect system.  IF PM added a ticketing system with abiltiy to self-check your ticket's status, then a longer wait would be okay.  At least it wouldn't be a complete inability to even get your request in, such as I was experiencing.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mimmo

@srlawren don't forget the fall 2016 backlog 2weeks was it??  for moderator support.  Yes an extreme example, but it is similar to what happened with the other providers over the weekend.

srlawren

@mimmo there were two full days (Monday and Tuesday, I think?) where you just could not get through to Fido support at all.  Calling 611 would just immediately disconnect.  Calling their 1-888 number would either do a fast-busy tone, or immediately disconnect, or get a recorded message that due to circumstance beyond their control they couldn't take the call and it would disconnect.  Online live chat would let you type in your initial request to start a chat and then redirect you to a page saying chat wasn't available.  Nobody responded via Twitter DM or Facebook Messenger until...I think it was Wednesday.  Granted, these were extraordinary circumstances while that ran that very popular $60/10gb plan over a few days, but still, it brought to light to me that PM's support model--though definitely far from perfect--really isn't all that bad.

mimmo

yes it is strange having to send a private messages, and you hope you send all the needed info in teh first message else there is some extra back and forth but going about your day is alot beter than being stuck on hold waiting, or listening to press 1 for this press 2 for this.  but eveyone has their comfort levels.  if it is not comfortable then there are other options available, but try it out and see what happens as you have already paid. 

geniusowl

I have done. Thanks!

I'm having second thoughts coming back to Public Mobile. I rarely need help but when you do you want somebody at the other end to take care of your requests. This "community" model is a bit new to me 🙂

closng

Hi @geniusowl,

If you have not already done so, I would send a message to the Moderators using the below link to let them know that there is something wrong with your port. Be sure to include your account details such as phone number, account number, and pin.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

geniusowl

Thanks @will13am

I already provided ALL that info when I was activating my SIM card. When you choose Porting in during SIM activation, you will be asked those questions which I already answered.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@geniusowl wrote:

I think @CS_Agent needs to take a look into this:

I started a port in to Public Mobile last night. I received a text message that said I had to go on the website and click on Contact Us and do SIM card/porting process (which I had alread done and paid for my plan) but nothing else happened since then.

I had ported in PM when it first came around and it didn't take more that 45 mins to get active.

Assuming that the port is into an existing account in good standing (active status), simply login to the self serve portal and use the change number function.  Here is an illustration of the process.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/How-do-I-move-my-cell-phone-number-to...

Need Help? Let's chat.