cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a 12 dollar plan with unlimited text

TMS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Alan_K @Jared_K @ @ @Brooke_C @Mary_M  ....Can we get a plan with unlimited texts? Similar to Koodo's $15 prepaid, but less expensive due to PMs online structure? Your promos seem to be aimed at higher priced plans. 

49 REPLIES 49

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Carld123 wrote:

As said...the 10$ plan is great for many people...my mom who is 74...last month used 21 minutes and sent 6 texts....all of which were used for emergencies(in her mind..lol)..ie..I cant find my keys...get to the gas station asap gas is 93 cents...😃

@Carld123, where is gas that cheap we are at $139.9 here.  Get your mom to call me to when she sees gas that cheap lol

Pipeline politics and cheap gas don't mix, lol. 

@Carld123 wrote:

As said...the 10$ plan is great for many people...my mom who is 74...last month used 21 minutes and sent 6 texts....all of which were used for emergencies(in her mind..lol)..ie..I cant find my keys...get to the gas station asap gas is 93 cents...😃

@Carld123, where is gas that cheap we are at $139.9 here.  Get your mom to call me to when she sees gas that cheap lol

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@will13am wrote:

If the $10 limited use plan is going to be a long term fixture, an option to buy more text should be included.  It is a reasonable ask.  Alas, many reasonable suggestions have been made but went nowhere.  I am going to resist really, really hard to not play my favorite chorus. 

Take the service for what it is and not what you want it to be.

Gotcher back. 🙂

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

If the $10 limited use plan is going to be a long term fixture, an option to buy more text should be included.  It is a reasonable ask.  Alas, many reasonable suggestions have been made but went nowhere.  I am going to resist really, really hard to not play my favorite chorus. 

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

TMS

@Jessica_T 

It is a shame that PM doesn’t want us to have that option of an add-on for extra texts. Although, ain’t it  funny how they offer text add-ons when one is in the USA. 

They need a plan with unlimited texts aimed at a lower price.

ie $12 Unlimited Texts and Picture texts. 

$15 Unlimited Texts and Picture texts with 100 minutes. 

Although the $10 plan is for low use/ emergency, PM should offer something that competes with Koodo too. Not just Chatr and Lucky!

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@mimmo wrote:

@TMS wrote:

50 outgoing text is too ridiculous

Many people would say a 50 minute plan is ridiculous as well. But it serves a purpose for some people. 

@mimmoYou can use the add-on feature for extra minutes that last until they are consumed, but there is no add-on option for text. So I think @TMS's statement on text holds more weight than those concerned about minutes. With a 50 minute monthly overage priced at $15 for 400 minutes comes to an extra $1.87 per month to double the minutes in the base $10 plan where its impossible to get even 1 more SMS unless you spend $15 per month more.

TMS

Every promo has been aimed at $30 or greater plans

The $10 off for 6 months becomes $20, but after that time it sneaks back up to $30. 

Let’s do this PUBLIC MOBILE!!!! Let’s get a lower priced promotion!!!!

TMS

You are right. @ShawnC13 wrote:

@TMS wrote:

The plan is designed for low use or emergency use only, if it doesn't fit your needs get one that does but don't complain about it as it works perfectly for many people.   

You are are absolutely right. I should have chosen my words better. Funds are very limited for myself and I am a little upset that there seems to be promotions only aimed for higher paying customers. I imagine if PM offered a lower priced plan, similar to Koodo’s than it would not differentiate itself from Koodo. So...maybe...they could use their great wisdom and come up with a plan that helps disabled people with lower incomes rather than keep offering new customer promotions. (Unless this is their goal - to acquire them and then flip them to Koodo)

TMS

How about the 15 dollar plan unlimited text with 100 min calls?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@TMS wrote:

Many people would say a 50 minute plan is ridiculous as well. But it serves a purpose for some people. 

@TMS wrote:

The plan is designed for low use or emergency use only, if it doesn't fit your needs get one that does but don't complain about it as it works perfectly for many people.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@TMS, agree, they should probably consider something like this or have an add-on option.  Only thing is maybe they think there just isn't enough demand for a text only plan considering other options like WhatsApp.

In terms of a price point, I think even if they maintain a $15 price point to match Koodo, there are already price reduction options available to the customer, i.e auto pay credit, community credit, referral credit, and loyalty credit.  So I think starting at the competitor price point is fine anyways.  

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@TMS wrote:

@Alan_K @Jared_K@ @ @ @Brooke_C @Mary_M  ....Can we get a plan with unlimited texts? Similar to Koodo's $15 prepaid, but less expensive due to PMs online structure? Your promos seem to aimed at higher priced plans. 

I don't see that happening.  The $10 plan is the minimalist plan and from there you can go to $20 for unlimited calls and texts.

Remeber that Koodo isn't a competitor.  Sure they have a call centre but if you use it to change your plan or anything like that you do get charged, they are pushing you to online account management as well

TMS

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@TMS I think your best bet would be to convince lucky or chatr to get that plan, pm will then follow via a competitive response.

But in all seriousness I think many people have asked for something similar or at least a texting addon.

There are no just text plans but you can get talk/text for as little as $25 for 30days of service.

Province wide talk and unlimited text.

TMS

LOL read my subject

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Have a look at the "PLANS" section for a complete list of options. There are plans with unlimited texts available. Good luck.

Need Help? Let's chat.