cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOT Registered on Network Error

soura_pm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I am new to PM. I have registered my SIM and purchased the plan. I refered all the forums regarding this error. I did the following things.

• Checked self-server to make sure sim has been registered.
  • Rebooted the phone with PM sim

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (model # SMT231). This phone is unlocked and previously was using with Koodo and Virgin Mobile. 

What should I do to solve this issue?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jroncon it sounds to me like your Samsung is locked to Freedom Mobile.  You need to contact them and get an unlock code in order to use the phone with Public Mobile.  The other possibility is that the phone is not compatible with Public Mobile.  There are several sub-models of Galaxy S6. Can you please tell us your exact sub-model?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Don't post personal info this is a public forum. Only share personal info with the mods via private message I've included instructions in the spoiler.

Spoiler

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

• Please contact the Community Moderator Team to get help with you account.

• They are Public Mobile support employees who can help with your issue (More details).

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue.

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time]

• Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received

• Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.

• There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator

jroncon

I have a PM accounts, Fully functional.:

Blackberry 9360, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com  xxxxxxx  PIN xxxxxxxx

SIM xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - Works OK

Creare a new Account, created by retail Walmart for my Samsung S06

Trying to port xxxxxxxxxxxxx, from Freedom Mobile, act# xxxxxxxxxxx

Using email xxxxxxxxxxxx PIN xxxxxxxxxx

SIM xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

When the new SIM is placed on the SAMSUNG I get "Not registered on the network"

Now I am stuck. The retailer does not know how to fix this.

I did some experimentation:

The new SIM for the Samsung does not work on the Blackberry (and on the Samsung) does not work on any phone.

The SIM card from the Blackberry works on both.

Probably, the SIM ending in xxxx is damaged.

What to do?

I propose you delete all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,  and start a new one. I created another email xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx if needed. Please make sure I can port the number from Freedom Mobile

Doreen

No I do not.

Doreen

Hi,

My phone was stolen.

I suspended my account.

I purchased another SIMS card from Walmart for Public Mobile.

I imputed the new SIMS card number in my account and reactivated my account.

I got my daughter`s old Telus Samsung.

I checked online to see if it was compatible with Public Mobile--which it states it is.

I called Telus to unlock my daughter`s old phone.

Telus stated they successfully unlocked the phone.

I attempted to use the phone and received  notice `that is was not registered with any network..

Why is this happening

my phone is enabled GSM and wcdma but still states `not registered with network

Devil_tear
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
@clavijo it is usually like that... Over the years I have seen a lot of strange things with cell phones and smartphones and most of the time something happens at the user end, and we don't even realize... That's why most of the time when you phone customer service of any carrier the first questions seem stupid (did you turn on and off your phone? Did you pull the battery? Etc...)... That's because it is true that that's all you need to solve a problem... Now in this case it is a little different, because almost always you pop a sim in a phone and it works... 🙂

akpo

Being double or triple or quadruple charged and not having a way for PM to acknowledge our extra payments/cancel the extra charges/give us credit for the next set of 3 months is not our problem.

Incorrect/incomplete porting also is not our problem, most of the time, we were told to fill in 3 set of numbers in one text input box, we need a technician/tech support to finalize port sometimes, some of us are missing only a part of the service (text, incoming calls, data, etc) so it's definitely entirely not us at fault.

It's definitely not 98% user error.

clavijo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hi what i can see is that 98% of the problems are user problems and maybe 2% PM problems , simple things can make the difference if nobody mention to you to try another phone you could have been cursing to PM to fix your problem

i'm glad your problem was fixed

Devil_tear
I'm glad I was able to help and that I gave you the hint to where to look for the problem! 🙂

soura_pm

So they say that the solution lies within the problem. I did borrow my friends samsung s5 phone and put the PM sim and it worked. So then the million dollar question why would it not work on my tab. So here is the solution. When you go to setting and select mobile network, there is an option for network mode/type. you need to have that option select to mixed mode meaning it should support both WCDMA and GSM. That it and my phone is registered on the network and now I can send text and make calls.

Thanks again.

Devil_tear
Do you have another device where you can test the SIM?
Need Help? Let's chat.