cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO incoming Calls or Text after porting - PLEASE HELP

Mayfieldfan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

Last evening, I ported over from Char and the whole process went pretty smoothly.

I received email from PM with my summary of plan and add on's. I also received following text from PM ",  "Public Mobile here: To complete your request to move to Public Mobile, please go to Publicmobile.ca, click Contact us and complete the SIM & Activation online form. You'll need to provide the correct Password or PIN from your previous service provider. Thanks."

Currently, I am just not able to receive any incoming calls and text messages using PM sim card. Outgoing calls, texts and data works great.

Is this a porting issue? I sent a private message to one of the MOD’s (Mary_M) last night regarding this issue and waiting for her reply.

Any help would be much appreciated. (FYI: I rebooted my device few time but still no luck)

Thank You

10 REPLIES 10

@tsimon99 wrote:

I've ported from Speakout and texting incoming/outgoing works and outgoing calls and data work.  Just no incoming calls.  Speakout does not have account numbers or pins.

@CS_Agent 

Speakout does have an account PIN.  You need that along with the IMEI number to successfully port from Speakout.   How long ago is just ported?  If it's been more than the guideline of 2.5 hours as stated by CWTA, you should be sending a private message to Moderator_Team as they do not always see tags.  In addition, by tagging them, you would have to wait for them, so you might as well contact them first.  If it's been more than a few hours, send that message privately by clicking here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

tsimon99
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've ported from Speakout and texting incoming/outgoing works and outgoing calls and data work.  Just no incoming calls.  Speakout does not have account numbers or pins.

@CS_Agent 

Eddy_G
Customer Support Agent

You have to ask them for the pin number on the account. When porting a number 3 pieces of info are needed : account number from Service provider ( in this case N/A because Speakout does not have account numbers) pin number on the account and finaly IMEI.

Yeah, most likely on your last question - if the IMEI in their file doesn't match it will fail.

Get the pin from them, that will work for sure.

I'll wait for you to reply to get it going today.

Eddy

deedeeda

Thank you for the info.

Mayfieldfan

@deedeeda 

After the moderator had a look into the issue, my issue got resolved right away. Good luck.

@deedeeda wrote:

I have the same issue. And my account was activated in Walmart. After 3 or 4 hours, I got exactly the same text message. Did yours get resolved?

That text message means the number transfer failed.  Double check or get the account number from your old carrier if you don't already have it and then provide it to Public Mobile moderators as mentioned earlier.   https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

deedeeda

I have the same issue. And my account was activated in Walmart. After 3 or 4 hours, I got exactly the same text message. Did yours get resolved?

Mayfieldfan

Thank you both for your quick replies. For some of your questions, please see below

• My old sim from Chatr still works for making/receiving calls and text. 🙂
  • I gave all the required information to the MOD.
  • When I log into PM online account, I don't see my ported number but when I make outgoing calls using PM sim, my # displays accurately.

I'll wait and see what happens. 🙂

neilselden
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi,

Sure sounds like an incomplete port.

Did you include all your relevant details in your message to the moderators? Check here to make sure you give them what tthey need to help.

Hope it gets sorted soon!

-Neil

Ryo

Hi @Mayfieldfan, you did the right thing in contacting a mod right away, unfortunately, as you can probably see by the forums, it will take some time before all of our porting issues are addressed. They are overwhelmed. 

See more here: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Doing-wireless-different-has-its-ups-and...

When you log into your PM account does your ported number show?

Does your old SIM still work for incoming calls or text?

Just some additional items to look at, but it appears that its a porting issue, ands going to take a sometime, hopefully you can get it resolved quickly, but expect this to persist for a few days at least.

Need Help? Let's chat.