cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

NO DATA ACCESS - unable to join Public Mobile LTE

I have paid for a data plan with 5GB of data. I went through the long process of unlocking my phone and switching over to public mobile from virgin, which took half a day and repeatedly being sent back to both phone companies. Now when I access my phone info, it says I'm registered with public mobile.

I cannot use the data network. I paid for 5GB of data, and as soon as I left my house I had 0 access. I tried to manually join the "Public Mobile LTE" network, and I am repeatedly told that service is "not available". I have 5 bars, but no webpages will load, maps won't load, my messenger texts won't load. I clearly don't have data.

I was out (hence needing the data) and needed to contact public mobile to help me, and then I was told you can only access public mobile customer service ONLINE -- how does that help me if my entire problem is that I can't get online?? I have been with PM two days and both days have been a nightmare so far. Please tell me how to get the data I paid for.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Oracle

Re: NO DATA ACCESS - unable to join Public Mobile LTE

@sarahhelpme LG phones are known for data not working when changing to different carrier. I believe you might need to try resetting your network settings. If that does not work, factory reset is required (make sure to back up your data). 

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Oracle

What phone are you using and have set up your an settings?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@sarahhelpme

Okay if you have problem with data you can try that:

take out your sim and close your phone  take back your sim and open your phone

Does it work?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

And no with public mobile you can't speak with someone...but you can ask for help here @sarahhelpme...Smiley Happy

Highlighted

I am using an LG G4 phone. I don't know what "an settings" are - but if I go to Network Settings, it says I'm with Public Mobile with a signal strength of -99 dBm 7asu, HSPA:10. My service status is "in service" (and the top of my phone currently shows I have 3 bars of data I can't access), I'm not roaming, and my mobile network state is "disconnected". But nothing happens when I click on the "disconnected" network state.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

APN settings... @sarahhelpme

Highlighted

Take my sim card out, re-insert it, and start my phone again? Is that what you mean?

I'll try that.

This didn't work. I still have no connection.

Highlighted
Oracle

@sarahhelpme LG phones are known for data not working when changing to different carrier. I believe you might need to try resetting your network settings. If that does not work, factory reset is required (make sure to back up your data). 

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@sarahhelpme wrote:

I am using an LG G4 phone. I don't know what "an settings" are - but if I go to Network Settings, it says I'm with Public Mobile with a signal strength of -99 dBm 7asu, HSPA:10. My service status is "in service" (and the top of my phone currently shows I have 3 bars of data I can't access), I'm not roaming, and my mobile network state is "disconnected". But nothing happens when I click on the "disconnected" network state.

For LG phone, you need to do network reset your LG phone before getting data.

Highlighted

It says "No APNs".