cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW phone/SIM card

Cpark81
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a question. I am having trouble with my iPhone so I am getting a new one. Will I have any trouble with my public mobile SIM card when I put it into my new iPhone?? 

5 REPLIES 5

cool_stuff

Ensure to check your phone compatibility at this page. If it is compatible you should be good. Enjoy..

1. Check your phone’s compatibility

Enter the IMEI number on your device and we’ll let you know if it’s compatible with our network. For more information about network compatibility, click below.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-started

@Cpark81 wrote:

I have a question. I am having trouble with my iPhone so I am getting a new one. Will I have any trouble with my public mobile SIM card when I put it into my new iPhone?? 

The current sim cards that are sold by Public Mobile and retail locations are multi-sized, so you no longer need to worry about getting the correct version (unless the store has some really old stock).

As stated earlier, your device needs to already been unlocked (or be a Telus/Koodo device).  For some models of iPhone devices, you might have to find work-arounds to get set the APN settings and get cellular data working.

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

As long as your iPhone is unlocked you should have no problem. All you need to do is put your sim in the new phone. 

Cpark81

Thanks I greatly appreciate it! :smileyvery-happy 😊

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Cpark81 wrote:

Hopefully not..I did it 3 times and never had problemSmiley Wink If you have problem with the new one come back here.

Need Help? Let's chat.