cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED to Swap Sim Cards, but Online form keeps giving error.

gamegizmo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Good evening.

I am writing as I am a new PM customer and have also set my kids up on PM for Christmas gifts.  My issue is that one of the sim cards for the kids is not working - which means they'll not be able to use the phone on Christmas morning.  I have tried other PM sims in the same phone and they work just fine (iPhone 6) and have tried this broken sim in other phones and in all cases it shows up as NO SIM CARD inserted, so something is definitely wrong with the sim card.

I have another PM sim card though that has not yet been activated and I am desperately trying to change the SIM Card from the old one to the NEW one and have logged in to my account to do use the CHANGE SIM CARD option.

It shows the last few digits of the OLD (non working sim card) and allows me to enter in the NEW sim card number, but each time I do this and press submit, it simply states

Oh no!
It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic.

Log out and then log back in again to continue. Or return to the Login Page

I am logged in (have checked several times) but every single time I try to submit and change the sim card online, it just shows up with that error and I am unable to make the change.

Is there an issue with the site?  Could someone please set me in the right direction to get this resolved as the line is activated but the sim card is not recognized in any of the unlocked phones here at home.

This is my daughters BIG present, the phone and a new plan from PM, and it would be dissappointing not being able to have it working for her on Christmas morning. 

I would so very much appreciate any help or guidance with this.

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6

gamegizmo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks to everyone for your amazing help and answers.  It WAS the browser and cache issue.  I used a new browser and cleared cache and it worked without a hitch!  

I also wanted to say WOW!  I was worried about porting a bunch of lines over to PM because of the lack of phone support.  The community here is top notch however and everyone responding back to help out and offer suggestions on how to fix the issue was AMAZING!

Thank you everyone!  The phone works, number is ported and all is well for Christmas Morning!

Perhaps turn of any ad/popup blocker? Has caused me issues on various websites. Though this does sound like a PM system issue. @Mary_M ??

Also confirm the inactive SIM show's No Service when installed in the phone. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Ionut I understand that there coudl be many factors,  that is why  I put sometimes at the end of the list.  they are options/ideas to try to see if something changes.  the list was from reading other replies to the  generic error issue.  if any of them work great. if not then... the powers higher up need to be involved.  

Ionut
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@mimmo is not that simple as look.

There could be a lot of Issue. Many of them are from PM site not from client-side.

Also when you try to change a plan or modify something it might end up like that. I changed my account information and i couldn't login into PM account for over 2 months. 

TO justify your way it's very simple. he can try to access the account from the Smartphone if getting the same error it';s non-sense to clear all the cache and all the account.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Clearing cache, incognito mode, different browser, switching to french are all ways the error dissapears...sometimes.  

the other way is close browser, have a beverage of choice, relax, come back in an hour or two, if still having issue, double up on the beverages, party the night away (with out ability to check facebook and tweet) have a good night sleep, and try in the morning. basically the error usually dissapears after a while.

fireapple
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hey @gamegizmo,

Oh no! That dampens the excitement you guys might have joining PM!

I'm going to let our other community members share their expertise since I don't have much to offer, but let's tag the moderator team so they are able to look into this on the backend. @Mary_M

Need Help? Let's chat.