cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Myth or reality... loose your priority?

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Is it a myth or reality : when you write a second message to the mods and they didn’t have answer you that you loose your priority??? I want the written proof of it to be sure!!!Smiley clignant de l'œil

14 REPLIES 14

From my experience dealing MANY times with the mods since May 2018, I would say it is probably a myth BUT it appears as true.

First, there is clearly some prioritization, as Mary confirmed. BUT I know that I had MANY requests and found that MANY were being "missed" completely. And I have seen requests submitted that took over a week just to get the initial reply but only because I re-submitted it.

I has become clear to me that whatever the back end process is, it had been VERY broken on many levels...

- getting a reply from mods asking for more info when the info was already supplied in sometimes the same request or in a previous one that was "skipped". That seemingly placed you back at the bottom as it would take another several days to get a reply instead of getting prioritized higher since this was already a request that was already underway.

- invariably, if more than one request was submitted at a time (I too use the same community account for multiple PM accounts, so often had many parallel issues), the earlier ones seem to just get lost.

- some mods would combine requests that were submitted separately, some mods would break up a request with multiple parts and send separate replies for each

- if I include multiple items in one request, they might answer one or two and miss the rest.

- it was also admitted that the big problem that they have with the system is that when there are multiple requests, presumably with different titles, they can only reply to the last one .... seemingly having to include any other open items as they reply....

Bottom line is that their messaging system lacks basic controls to keep things organized and preserve the chain of replies tied to an original request.

I too tried to get the mods to Quote the original text...hardly any of them bother. So there is no continuity.

My solution.... Every time I submit, I recopy anything that is still left open from previous requests and combine them all in one. If they have provided a reply, even partially, I include a copy of that too.

This is a lot of work BUT it is the only way to keep good track of what they have not yet addressed or only partially addressed, until all open items are addressed, especially when there are many at a given point in time.

So the truth is more complex than meets the eye.

That all said, based on some recent comments from mods, I am hoping that some kind of improvements have been put in place to reduce their response process and turnaround time.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Lieux Based on what I've heard, it's a myth.  and for sure would not make any sense to be true anyways.  Every time people enter the MODS in their message it goes into a triage, I assume they might pre-screen to determine level of importance (i.e. phone suspension related vs. a general question), and they will prioritize from there.  I'm sure if they see the same message populate again from the same individual about the same issue, they'll probably just delete the repeated message and your original message stays in the same spot as it did previously.  Only thing is by sending them repeated messages it'll waste their time because they need to read through it to ensure it's not something different, so then that'll just delay them properly responding to your first message.  So in the end by sending them multiple messages you're just delaying your resolution even more.

I just had the opportunity to ask directly to the mods and the answer is...from Mary..

To simplify the answer, your messages are prioritized depending on the situation (the way of prioritizing has been changed to become more effective)

So not from the list...MYTH is the good answer!!

@kav2001c wrote:

@will13am

Eh that I will totally dispute also

There has to be some kind of correlation between accounts

I also have multiple accounts and have seen all kinds of issues with Mods

As an example I made a dispute with a credit card charge once (activation error out) and when I sent them my screen shot of double charged the new mod gave me account credits on BOTH my existing and new account (despite the fact my private message was very clear it was in regards to new account only)

If our profiles do not link somehow there is no way that new Mod (who I never spoke to before) could possibly have known my main account

Plus the fact our rewards are a link between accounts as well so there IS something in backend

@will13am wrote:

I am going to stick my neck out and predict that this is a unbusted myth.  I say myth because there's no correlation between community account and self serve account.  I can and do use my one and only community account for all interactions for each and every account that I own or manage.  If I happen to have two separate account issues, I can't be expected to seek resolution one account at a time.  Nowhere in any knowledge base article has there been mention of requirement to link community forum account to self serve account.  I say unbusted because if ever this is officially busted, the customers with generalized anxiety disorder will be carpet bombing the moderator team inbox with repeat requests.  

I stand corrected on being too absolute with my words.  For the community credits, there is linkage.  What I meant is that you can't simply ask the moderator to take any action on your self serve account on the basis of a private message that originated from your community account.  That is why they ask for selve serve account number, PIN code, etc. to validate which account is to be worked on and the person requesting has confirmed access to/ownership of the self serve account.  You are pointing to a situation where a mistake was mode.  This should be an exception not a rule on how the moderator team is supposed to do business. 

@will13am

Eh that I will totally dispute also

There has to be some kind of correlation between accounts

I also have multiple accounts and have seen all kinds of issues with Mods

As an example I made a dispute with a credit card charge once (activation error out) and when I sent them my screen shot of double charged the new mod gave me account credits on BOTH my existing and new account (despite the fact my private message was very clear it was in regards to new account only)

If our profiles do not link somehow there is no way that new Mod (who I never spoke to before) could possibly have known my main account

Plus the fact our rewards are a link between accounts as well so there IS something in backend

@will13am wrote:

I am going to stick my neck out and predict that this is a unbusted myth.  I say myth because there's no correlation between community account and self serve account.  I can and do use my one and only community account for all interactions for each and every account that I own or manage.  If I happen to have two separate account issues, I can't be expected to seek resolution one account at a time.  Nowhere in any knowledge base article has there been mention of requirement to link community forum account to self serve account.  I say unbusted because if ever this is officially busted, the customers with generalized anxiety disorder will be carpet bombing the moderator team inbox with repeat requests.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

paul5
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

its actually a myth

angela_leblanc_
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i beleive its myth.

@kav2001c wrote:

In my exp I find many of the mods (ESP NEWER ONES, had a lengthy "discussion" with Jeremy back in the day) do not look at older messages

Haven't had to write the mods for a long time, but this is definitively true (well, at least consistent with my experience)

That's why, until a proper ticket system is in place, I suggested more than once that everytime mods respond to clients, it should be mandatory for them to hit the "Quote" button right under their response (and ideally asking clients to do the same...). That would be a GREAT beginning...

---------

I used to include this at the beginning of my messages sent to the mods:

**Please press the "Quote" button just after writing your reply; it really helps following the discussion 🙂 ** "

And also to include all conversation history underneath for clarity sake (by manually copying sent and received messages one after the other (because no mods ever quoted the thread), a real pain in the a** with this messaging system, anyways), since I was getting answer from different mods everytime and not one seemed to care about reading what happened before, they were just starting off with the same questions that were answered already, or same "this is not possible" when the previous mods said the issus was being looked up... 

Believe it or not, once a mod even replied this in the message they sent me:

"Also, if ever you reply to this message, please do not include our previous conversations"

I never understood why it wouldn't be a good thing to have the conversation history in a conversation with multiple answers... Just for myself, I only had to remember what happened about ONE problem (mine) and that history was really helpful in remembering what was said and what happened wihout having a hard time going back and forth in the "Sent" and "Inbox" folders, I can't imagine what it is for mods to do it for ALL the issues they get without a good ticketing system...

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@Lieux

Kinda true

You send 1st message to mods

They ask for info to continue

You send 2nd message to mods

They will AGAIN ask info to continue

So you have forfeitted your place, although mods do cherry pick and will prioritize certain requests over others (eg a no service issue vs a missing refer credit issue)

You have to realize if they are doing something for your case and you open a second ticket they could easily undo/redo something already in progress

In my exp I find many of the mods (ESP NEWER ONES, had a lengthy "discussion" with Jeremy back in the day) do not look at older messages

@Lieux

The general consensus is that further messages to moderator will not put your request down the job list.  It just adds to their overall workload.  

I have seen two instances where the moderators did mention that it would lengthen the response time directly by putting the request further down the job list.  Once it was directly refuted by another moderator (Mary), but the other time, it was not refuted (even though I tagged the moderator team for clarification).  

It would be nice to know what the official procedure/policy is.  Then we can offer the right advice to other customers.....

georgesmilord
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Absolute myth

@Lieux wrote:

Is it a myth or reality : when you write a second message to the mods and they didn’t have answer you that you loose your priority??? I want the written proof of it to be sure!!!Smiley Wink

There isn't any way for customers to prove this.  As I said before, one moderator said it does happen, while a different one said it doesn't happen.

We can only go by what the moderators say.  But unless someone is able to decode messaging software that the moderators use, or is at least able to see it and snoop around, there's no way for any of us to prove it.  Public Mobile isn't going to let customers access that system.

Tav
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I know this doesn't answer your question but it slows things down for sure. Best to just wait it out.

Need Help? Let's chat.