cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My "PM NEWBIE "Review of signup, transfer and service

jtcavers
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I signed up for PM about three weeks ago. I travel a grest deal around Ontario both in and way out of cities. After reading many people were having issues with signing up, transferring numbers and the reliability of service I had some serious concerns, but decided to give it a try becaue the cost savings were significant.

Signup was flawless. I used my own phone (a koodo Samsung S5) and ordered the Sim card which arrived five days after ordering.

Before it arrived I had used the info found on this community to setup my phone to use what I belive is call the "PM virtual network" or something close to that, that was once my sim was delivered it was just a matter of setting up the account online.

Once it arrived I slipped the Sim into my phone, loged in, created an account entering my Sim card number and ten minutes later my phone was active. Phone, text and LG network data. It couldn't have been easier in my case.

I have had the account for 3 weeks and have been travelling all around southern and central Ontario and have the same coverage and reliability of service I had with Koodo. I had a few dropped calls while travelling in rolling hills or in one case entering the basement of a concrete building, but nothing I wouldn't have experience with my previous carrier.

I realize this is just my experience, but given the reliability of service, ease of signing up and price is half of what I was previously paying for the exact same service, I'm happy to say I won't be switching back or leaving PM anytime.

I'm not somone who calls customer service... Like ever...and prefer to figure out a problem online anyway, So the complaints of not having a live person to talk them through an issue may be required for some, but for anyone like me that is able to figure out a problem by reading here, PM is likely for you. That said, when I think of people like my grandparents who just want somone to make the phone work, this service would not be for them. To each there own, but this is the best solution for me.

Simply incredible experience.

Thank you PM!

22 REPLIES 22

@Kozak Thanks for sharing your perspective. I have to agree that PM does have several unresolved issues that have been around for quite a while. On the other hand, I personally do enjoy contributing to the community, and it seems to be helping issues get resolved much faster than before. So atleast there is progress being made!

Kozak

Sorry to say that my experience so far is not any where near so positive. Public Mobility needs to actually deal with any concerns. I hope to experience the positive side of service, but so far nota. I must say that the community has been most helpful, and if I can contribute, I certainly intend to.

@nhanken wrote:
I definitely agree with you! With the money that I save on my 90 day plan, I could buy any phones outright every year and I don't have to worry about outrageous prices of 2-year contracts or I could use the money that I save towards a vacation or investment.

Yep - I couldn't agree more with this!

nhanken
I definitely agree with you! With the money that I save on my 90 day plan, I could buy any phones outright every year and I don't have to worry about outrageous prices of 2-year contracts or I could use the money that I save towards a vacation or investment.

@McLaren I feel your pain, my friend. But honestly, I feel like if they had hardware upgrade deals, they would hardly be the cheapest deal in town Smiley Tongue

McLaren
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Public Mobile is amazing.  If they had hardware upgrade deals like koodo then they would be the best! 

nhanken
I love this PM Community and Kalla_A is very quick to assist everyone who needs help! That's excellent customer service right there! I'm very happy with the service and the savings that we can get 🙂

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
I just love reading these 🙂

Hear hear! Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@jtcavers Don't forget each child will need their own unique PM account, and should enter your phone number as the referral; $1/30 days Reward for each one. The current public record for referrals stands at 5 so only 3 more for the new record! Smiley LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Rockdaddy22
I just love reading these 🙂

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @jtcavers,

Thank you for your very upbeat post.

The community team, consisting of Public Mobile employees only, will be pleased to read it.

Cheers.

Great to hear @jtcavers.

Thank you for posting your update. 

srlawren

That is fantastic, @jtcavers!!!  And welcome to your new referrals 🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

jtcavers
UPDATE :

I have now been using PM for nearly three months and still loving it. Cell service is near perfect, no dropped calls and love the self serve billing.

I use this community frequently to see if I can help anyone else and find I enjoy that aspect very much.

My experience using PM has been so positive that I will be switching my three kids over as soon as their respective contracts are completed with another carrier next month.

PM is the best solution for someone willing to do a bit of reading and save a grest deal of money. PM just keeps getting better.

Thanks so much and look forward to being a long standing PM client.

Jim

Terri_D
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@jtcavers,

Good Afternoon,

This is amazing! Welcome to the Public Mobile family!!

Thank you

srlawren

Wow so many positive activations recently, this is excellent!  Welcome @jtcavers!  I'm not surprised you're getting exactly the same excellent network you were getting with Koodo previously, since both PM and Koodo are owned by Telus and run off of it's excellent network, just at a lower cost.  Enjoy!

Rockdaddy22
Another great story, welcome to the family 🙂

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hi @jtcavers,

Welcome to Public Mobile, and our awesome Community! I loved reading your review, I'm sure it will inspire others who were hesitant to give us a try!

Cheers,

Jeremy

Yes, i also feel that way. 

Thanks for putting up nice review 🙂

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hi @jtcavers,

Thank you very much for publishing your inspiring post. It's an understatement when I say that it was a pleasure to read.

Due to the primary nature of this community, namely, the resolution of problems, either directly or indirectly, it's easy for one to incorrectly infer that Public Mobile and problems are synonymous with one another.

Granted, there are problems of a chronic nature, which are being systematically eliminated. Those problems cannot be rectified by customers; they require PM's intervention. In my humble opinion, the above problems unfairly drive the belief that PM is too problematic.

Your honest anecdote serves to dispel the above belief in the minds of those who are open-minded. For those who are not, only a system that functions perfectly 100% of the time would suffice, and no such system exists.

Once again, thank you very much for your post. I hope that many others will read, and be swayed by, it.

Cheers.

jtcavers
Couldn't agree more. The message board support is perfect for me, as this is how I resolved lots of other issues (computer, car repairs even helped me fix my clothes dryer) for a while. Best advice I can give someone thinking about switching is if you can't figure out how to login to this forum (my grandparents for example) then you should go with a different provider.

Be prepared to read a bit and in my experience all the info you need is at your finger tips.

My 2 cents

Mayor / Maire

@jtcavers Thanks for sharing your experience, and welcome to PM!

I agree with you that PM appeal is limited to a certain type of audience that is fully comfortable accessing support online. Fortunately, both you and I both fall into that category.

Need Help? Let's chat.