cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone number is shown as invalid.

Kinheart
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I bought a public mobile sim and plan 2 month back. Everything seemed to work at first. My friend said he isn not able to reach me in my number. I got the new number with the SIM card. Now I tried to use my number in Microsoft phone app and it says the number is invalid. Same thing happened with mylo app. Is this all related and what is the problem with my number. I have paid the bill and I am able to make calls. There is no outstanding dues. I need immediate help with this. This is so frustrating. Anyone plz 

28 REPLIES 28

@Msperfect1   Thanks for providing more information.  Unfortunately, I'm not really familiar with the MS phone app that OP mentions but the solution that he picked was to contact customer support. 

You can submit a ticket via the chatbot here:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Second option to send a private message to CS_Agent is only used if you encounter problems submitting a ticket via the chatbot.  Here's a link to send a private message:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

BTW please clear your browser cache/cookies and use privacy/incognito mode when submitting a ticket or private message.

@Msperfect1 wrote:

Hi thanks for such a quick response! Well I downloaded the app about a week ago and it was working just fine ang then yesterday out the blue I was on there and it kicked me off to the beginning like I was a new person so it asked for me to put my number in once and once I put my number in it keeps saying invalid phone 

What app did you download? you meant you are trying to login to My Account (Public Mobile - Account Log In) ?

what happen if you dial *611?

Msperfect1

Hi thanks for such a quick response! Well I downloaded the app about a week ago and it was working just fine ang then yesterday out the blue I was on there and it kicked me off to the beginning like I was a new person so it asked for me to put my number in once and once I put my number in it keeps saying invalid phone number so I begin to download to see if I could solve the problem but nothing has work I used my daughter phone to download the app on her phone well it worked for her until I added the apps back on my phone  the blue IMO and the pink IMO and I enter HER PHONE NUMBER ON MY PHONE SOON AS I DID THAT IT KICKED US BOTH OUT so now it’s saying her number is invalid as well. I also used my text free app number it did the same thing and I used my Google voice number and it did the same thing! I’m completely lost is it my phone or somebody is messing with my account…

@Msperfect1    Do you want to provide more details?  Exactly what problem are you having?

Edit:  @Msperfect1   Are your payments upto date?  You can try rebooting your phone or toggle airplane mode on/off first.   You can also try setting the network to 3G/WCDMA.

Msperfect1

Kin heart please help 

Msperfect1

Hi omg I am having the same problem! It was working just fine and then it asked me to enter my phone number the same number as before but keep saying it’s a invalid phone number please help me out did you find a solution..

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shainahusman : Can you login to your self-serve account? Can you dial 611? Where is it saying something about being an invalid number? What error is it giving you? Call in/out?

Shainahusman

Why Invalid my number? and error call error message?

@skybludia wrote:

------

Good idea to remove your phone number in your post...this is a Public Forum where all can see.

@skybludia  You area code is California. Only Canadian phone numbers can be ported into Public Mobile.

Check for eligibility of porting here:

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do?lang=en&appname=otherportal

skybludia

edited by computergeek541: phone number removed

Biniyam

@09751579215 

Did you mean to post on the Public Form? Note please do not post any personal info here.

If you need to get in contact with the Public Mobile Customer Service team there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Faster Method - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower Method - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

adadsda

adoy smith

Sorry, @computergeek541 , @Nezgar I misquoted the quote I was referring to this one where @jfl referred to same problem  as @Kinheart  in the original post. I quoted the one where @jfl Was complaining about the website being down.

@jfl wrote:

I'm having the same problem.  My area code is 672 (BC-Canada).

@gblackma wrote:

@jfl As mentioned above contact a moderator and explain your situation . Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen . This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)

@jfl wrote:

Website having issues: Yahoo.com to use the number as a recovery phone number. Adobe.com to use their PDF signature tool, OpenTable to do restaurant table reservations. There are also other sites I have issue with, but did not take note of them.

Moderators can't do anything about this.  Having someone contact moderators will only add to the customer's frustration, and will also make it so that others will need to wait longer for account-related help. The fact that the websites are programmed to verify phone numbers are valid or not and that the list that they websites have isn't up-to-date is something that only the owners of these websites can solve.  

@gblackma wrote:

@jfl As mentioned above contact a moderator and explain your situation . Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen . This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)

@jfl wrote:

Website having issues: Yahoo.com to use the number as a recovery phone number. Adobe.com to use their PDF signature tool, OpenTable to do restaurant table reservations. There are also other sites I have issue with, but did not take note of them.

This is not PM's problem that a mod can help with. PM is providing the service that is working just fine. The fact that these newer area codes are not recognized by these websites is a problem that needs to be brought up to those companies to encourage them to add these new area codes to their deficient databases.

Open a support ticket with adobe, opentable,  yahoo, and others.

If you don't want to be part of the solution for yourself or others, change your number to an area code that has been around longer.

@jfl wrote:

jfl

jfl

I'm having the same problem.  My area code is 672 (BC-Canada).

Kinheart

Hi my friends are also not ale to reach me. Couple of them complained and now I use whatsapp and always turn on my internet 

Kinheart

Thank you. I'll contact moderator. Message service is working fine 

Sorry to hear that. Will you try to change to an older area code?

@Kinheart wrote:

Yes. Everything is working perfectly fine. I think the problem is with the new number. It is vancouvers new area code. 

Kinheart

Yes. Everything is working perfectly fine. I think the problem is with the new number. It is vancouvers new area code. 

@Kinheart wrote:

Hi I bought a public mobile sim and plan 2 month back. Everything seemed to work at first. My friend said he isn not able to reach me in my number. I got the new number with the SIM card. Now I tried to use my number in Microsoft phone app and it says the number is invalid. Same thing happened with mylo app. Is this all related and what is the problem with my number. I have paid the bill and I am able to make calls. There is no outstanding dues. I need immediate help with this. This is so frustrating. Anyone plz 

A website or app telling you that your phone number is invalid isn't a Public Mobile issue. If that's happening, it means that company doesn't have the must up-to-date information about area codes that are currently in use.  You'll have to take that part up with Microsoft, and that isn't something that anyone at Public Mobile could help you with. If you're not attached to that phone number, you could try changing to one that has a different area code.

I am assuming that your servcie is actually working fine, but it's just that websiites just won't accept it for account security verification in case you lose your password, etc.?

Ensure that your phone number hasn't someone changed by accident somehow.  Before anyone mentions the possibility of this, we do know that someone hasn't managed to port your number out to a different carrier.  We know that because if someone did, your Public Mobile account would have been closed.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

If you have one of the newest area codes in Canada, not all services may consider them "valid" yet. Especially if, as you say, you are still able to make calls.

NPA Relief timeline is here from the Canadian Numbering Administrator website: http://cnac.ca/npa_codes/NPA_History.pdf

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Can you also send and receive messages.  The easiest fix would be to contact a moderator  explain your problem and ask them to fix it. Using Simon (the ?tionmark). Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one .

@Kinheart wrote:

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@Kinheart Have you logged into http://selfserve.publicmobile.ca?

Is everything in order there?

Need Help? Let's chat.