cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone number is shown as invalid.

Hi I bought a public mobile sim and plan 2 month back. Everything seemed to work at first. My friend said he isn not able to reach me in my number. I got the new number with the SIM card. Now I tried to use my number in Microsoft phone app and it says the number is invalid. Same thing happened with mylo app. Is this all related and what is the problem with my number. I have paid the bill and I am able to make calls. There is no outstanding dues. I need immediate help with this. This is so frustrating. Anyone plz 

Mayor / Maire

Re: My phone number is shown as invalid.

@Kinheart Have you logged into http://selfserve.publicmobile.ca?

Is everything in order there?

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Can you also send and receive messages.  The easiest fix would be to contact a moderator  explain your problem and ask them to fix it. Using Simon (the ?tionmark). Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one .

@Kinheart wrote:

Hi I bought a public mobile sim and plan 2 month back. Everything seemed to work at first. My friend said he isn not able to reach me in my number. I got the new number with the SIM card. Now I tried to use my number in Microsoft phone app and it says the number is invalid. Same thing happened with mylo app. Is this all related and what is the problem with my number. I have paid the bill and I am able to make calls. There is no outstanding dues. I need immediate help with this. This is so frustrating. Anyone plz 

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you have one of the newest area codes in Canada, not all services may consider them "valid" yet. Especially if, as you say, you are still able to make calls.

NPA Relief timeline is here from the Canadian Numbering Administrator website: http://cnac.ca/npa_codes/NPA_History.pdf

@Kinheart wrote:

A website or app telling you that your phone number is invalid isn't a Public Mobile issue. If that's happening, it means that company doesn't have the must up-to-date information about area codes that are currently in use.  You'll have to take that part up with Microsoft, and that isn't something that anyone at Public Mobile could help you with. If you're not attached to that phone number, you could try changing to one that has a different area code.

I am assuming that your servcie is actually working fine, but it's just that websiites just won't accept it for account security verification in case you lose your password, etc.?

Ensure that your phone number hasn't someone changed by accident somehow.  Before anyone mentions the possibility of this, we do know that someone hasn't managed to port your number out to a different carrier.  We know that because if someone did, your Public Mobile account would have been closed.

Yes. Everything is working perfectly fine. I think the problem is with the new number. It is vancouvers new area code. 

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Sorry to hear that. Will you try to change to an older area code?

@Kinheart wrote:

Yes. Everything is working perfectly fine. I think the problem is with the new number. It is vancouvers new area code. 

Thank you. I'll contact moderator. Message service is working fine 

Hi my friends are also not ale to reach me. Couple of them complained and now I use whatsapp and always turn on my internet