cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone doesnt work

tedperriton
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have activated my SIM and and $45 payment voucher, and I recieved an email welcoming me to Public Mobile, saying that my SIM has been activated.

When I insert the SIM into my phone, however I dont get any network and cant make calls texts or use data. I also cant access the mobile network settings in my phone's setting section, as all the options are blocked. 

I tried to ask moderators a few days ago but still no response. Can anyone offer any advice?

This is the second PM SIM I am activating with the same email address, as I lost my old one, could that be the problem?

14 REPLIES 14

@Morris88 wrote:

Hey brother did  they fix your problem ?

It would be easier for you to explain what happened to you here...https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/getting_started and give us details if you want help!Smiley Happy

Morris88
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey brother did  they fix your problem ?

tedperriton

So is there anything I can do?

I hope I haven't wasted a perfectly good SIM card and $45 voucher !?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@tedperriton I'm not sure what the packaging included with your SIM said (as the spare one I have I've had for a bit), but they do seem to make reference to the correct procedure:

IMG_20181205_093944 (1).jpg

However, it could potentially be called out more clearly.  It's pretty easy to skip past that note (in the green box above) and jump right to steps 1, 2, and 3, which only apply to brand-new activations rather than replacement SIM cards.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

tedperriton

Meltdowwwwwn! 

I don't understand why there wasn't an automatic block on me attempting to create a new account with an already registered email address...

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Luddite

Good post...love the term"meltdown"...this will bea newthread soon..lol

@tedperriton wrote:

I didn't realise I could change the SIM card number in my old account 😦. Would have saved me a lot of time and hassle...

Unfortunately, you've sent the system into meltdown by trying to activate a new SIM with a current email address. You are stuck waiting for the moderators unless you wish to activate the 2nd SIM with a different email address. BUT this means you will have paid twice and have two accounts.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

tedperriton

I didn't realise I could change the SIM card number in my old account 😦. Would have saved me a lot of time and hassle...

tedperriton

I am unable to log into my account,so can't check that SIM is the same.

My phone is Huawei p9 lite VNS L31.

I have recieved a reply from a mod and and gave them some more detail. I'll wait for their next reply before trying the lost phone trick.

Thanks for your message ☺

tedperriton

I can't log in to my account, at all, old or new. I get a message saying "login attempt failed" and if I try to change my password, I go to an error screen.

I tried activating a new account with a different email address, but I am told that my account has already been activated...

srlawren

EDIT: clearly I'm blind. Deleting what I wrote here.  Apologies to @Alan_K and @Brooke_C.  I'll just go wipe the egg off my face now.  Cheers!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

popping

@tedperriton wrote:

I have activated my SIM and and $45 payment voucher, and I recieved an email welcoming me to Public Mobile, saying that my SIM has been activated.

When I insert the SIM into my phone, however I dont get any network and cant make calls texts or use data. I also cant access the mobile network settings in my phone's setting section, as all the options are blocked. 

I tried to ask moderators a few days ago but still no response. Can anyone offer any advice?

This is the second PM SIM I am activating with the same email address, as I lost my old one, could that be the problem?

PM account can only have one phone number.  Each account must have separate email address.  Therefore, you cannot activate another phone number on the same account unless your previous account was canceled.

Can you still login to your old account?

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Wait, so you lost your sim card and you activated another line? Why? You could've just changed the sim card number in your existing account unless you had a reason to open another brand new line instead of keeping the existing account. 

Anyways, is your phone unlocked? Have you tried the sim in any other phone?

lemew07
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@tedperriton wrote:

Hi I guessing you have been into the selfserve account portion of your account. Your account is active you have checked that the sim numbers match on sin and account.

Have you changed the sim number from old to new one. If this is done try the lost found phone trick. Report phone lost wait 10 min log back in and report found this will some time complete the configuration of the sim card and reactivate the account.

Give us some more detail good luck Cheers Lemew

What make is your phone and what version of software

Do not post any personal information this is a public form

Need Help? Let's chat.