cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone can not receive international text message since one or two weeks ago.there was no problem

tuozx2012
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

15 REPLIES 15

tuozx2012

Thanks.it could be that they updated their application

tuozx2012

Thanks.it could be.strange to me that worked till one or two weeks ago

@tuozx2012 

Some international apps/companies send short code sms texts, which Public mobile does not support.  Ie.  Foreign banks to verify idenity, etc.  

You should be able to receive regular international texts from other regular mobile cell numbers. 

@tuozx2012 wrote:

It is a confirmation code by an application so it is not group message. Guess it is the sender side issue?

@tuozx2012  That is a possiblity maybe the app does not allow or support sending a confirmation text to sn International number.

Tony8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Can you verify your phone receives MMS type text messages?

If your APN it's not set up correctly, MMS texts will not arrive. And your data must be on to get them. Just an idea.

tuozx2012

It is a confirmation code by an application so it is not group message. Guess it is the sender side issue?

Tony8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi, is the person sending you MMS texts? Group texts?

@computergeek541 wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@computergeek541  Under plans the $10 is the only plan that does not specify Incoming International Texts all other plans list International 

10.JPG

It makes no difference where an incoming message or call comes from, no matter the plan.

It doesn't even matter which carrier the receiving end user is using.  None of the Canadian carriers differentiate incoming based on the country that a text message was sent from or a call placed from.

@computergeek541 Noted, thanks!

@geopublic wrote:

@computergeek541  Under plans the $10 is the only plan that does not specify Incoming International Texts all other plans list International 

10.JPG

It makes no difference where an incoming message or call comes from, no matter the plan.

It doesn't even matter which carrier the receiving end user is using.  None of the Canadian carriers differentiate incoming based on the country that a text message was sent from or a call placed from.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@tuozx2012  Did you switch to the $10 plan? If yes, then that is the reason since that plan does not support international texts.

If you are not on the $10 plan then you should be able to receive it. Check your usage history to see if it is listed in your log. Maybe the problem is with the sender.

Ummm, sorry, no.   It never matters where the other person sends the text mesaage from, on any plan.  You only need a plan with text mesaaging. 

Further, even the $10 plan even includes outgoing international text messages, although only up to 50 of them.

Even if we go back to the time when Public Mobile had plans with only outgoing text mesaages to Canada, it still did not matter where an incoming message came from.

10.JPG

@geopublic wrote:

@tuozx2012  Did you switch to the $10 plan? If yes, then that is the reason since that plan does not support international texts.

If you are not on the $10 plan then you should be able to receive it. Check your usage history to see if it is listed in your log. Maybe the problem is with the sender.

@tuozx2012did you have a US roaming plan that recently expired?  Is it only international numbers that can't text you?

The plan has outgoing international texting and not sure why the incoming doesn't say that I can't see them adjusting it for this plan as all current in market plans are International texting or no texting at all $10.PNG

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@geopublic wrote:

Ummm, sorry, no.   It never matters where the other person sends the text mesaage from, on any plan.  You only need a plan with text mesaaging. 

Further, even the $10 plan even includes outgoing international text messages, although only up to 50 of them.

Even if we go back to the time when Public Mobile had plans with only outgoing text mesaages to Canada, it still did not matter where an incoming message came from.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@tuozx2012What plan are you on?

tuozx2012

I meant to say there was no problem before that. No setting change from my phone

Need Help? Let's chat.