Did you mean: 

My phone calls go directly to voivemail what is the problem

aloder
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Set up a phone now all my phone calls re going to voicemail 

16 REPLIES 16

mundler
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Check in your phone settings ("About Device -> check SIM status" is the likely buttons to click) to confirm that your phone is a) on the network and b) shows the correct phone number. I found that I couldn't get through to my dad's phone number until I changed his contacts profile within his own phone to recognize that he was this new phone number and after rebooting the phone, he now receives phone calls. Hope this helps!

aloder

Yes I did. I gave my phone number old account number and PIN number.

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@aloder wrote:

Yes I am a new customer. Not sure what to do. To get my phone working

@aloder

Earlier in this thread a moderator replied to you asking you to check your private messages..did you check and respond to the message?

aloder

Yes I am a new customer. Not sure what to do. To get my phone working

@aloder wrote:

Is there a number I can call to get my problem resolved.

Since you said yesterday that you set things up, I'm going to take that as you are a new customer. Sorry, but you cannot call in.  All customer service contact must be done by sending a private mesaage to the user Moderator_Team

aloder

Is there a number I can call to get my problem resolved.

If you requetsed a phone number to be transfered to Public Mobile, this could mean that the phone calls are going to the carrier of the service that you are trying to leave.  That would happened if that sim card has been removed and is in a powered up device.

If that's not the case, calls going to straight to voicemail can indicate a few things.  Those include poor/spotty signal/coverage, a fluctuation in network conditions (capacity, or cell site "breathing" - a shrinkage of coverage area that can occur when many people are connected to a cell site), or a Public Mobile back-end routing issue.

On your end, this could be caused by a defective device, call management (blocking) settings, DND settings, the wrong network being selected or wrong network type, or pretty much anything that could cause the phone to not be connected to the network (included being turned off).  I'm aware that you know that you phone isn't turned off;  I'm just stating possible reason for calls going to voicemail that could happen to anyone.

Did you see the private message the moderators send you??? @aloder

aloder

Call forwarding is not on 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello aloder,

Thank you for reaching out to us we will be more happy to help you.

The moderator team sent you a private message regarding your question.

Please check your messages !

Looking forward to hearing from you

Best regards

aloder

How do I part  my number

Dunkgirl

@aloder wrote:

Just set up my wife's phone today 

@aloderMore details please. Did you port her number in, or get a new number? Is it a new phone? Is it blacklisted? Is it locked? Does it support the public mobile network? Can you call out? Do incomming texts work? Are you connected to public mobile network? Is do not disturb mode on? Have multiple people tried to call you? Details. Details. Details. Details. Details. Details. Details. Details. Details. Details. Details. Details. Please.

Murco
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Maybe a weak signal resulting in network disconnects and call forwarding.  Is call forwarding on?

aloder

Just set up my wife's phone today 

Carld123

@aloder wrote:

@aloder

Did you port a number to PM or a new number activation?

Dunkgirl

@aloder wrote:

@aloderDid you just join public mobile? If so did you port a number in, or get a new number? If not has your phone ever worked with public mobile? Is it a new phone? Can you call out? Do incomming texts work? Are you connected to public mobile network? Is do not disturb mode on? Have multiple people tried to call you? Details. Please.

Need Help? Let's chat.