cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My own phone number calls me - Voicemail issue?

pssst
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello!

I have this odd situation when I miss a voice call, it goes to voicemail, then immediately my own phone number calls me. Instead of getting a regular notification on my phone that I have a new voicemail, my own phone number calls me.

How do I change this? Does anyone have this issue?

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11

@wetcoaster 

The public mobile community is so awesome compared to other providers their customers come here for help hopefully the OP can figure it out.

@MJCADDK 

I have no idea on this one but someone might weigh in.....when your ready to pack in your current provider come here for lots of money saving tips and advice on how to save and activate an account with public mobile. I hope you sort your issue out. You could also try the community for your brand of phone.

@MJCADDK wrote:

I have the same issue my area code shows up twice then my phone number. This mostly happens when I get a voicemail creeps me out of someone can PLEASE try to explain to me why this is happening I have called my phone company and really got no help 

@MJCADDK 

This is the help/support forum of the Canadian cell phone provider Public Mobile.

The high-lighted sentence lets me believe that you are not a Public Mobile customer? (there is no live over the phone support here, it's all online...)

If so, you will need to sort this out with your own provider. If you read the posts above yours, it's likely an option somewhere in your voicemail menue.

Good luck!

MJCADDK
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the same issue my area code shows up twice then my phone number. This mostly happens when I get a voicemail creeps me out of someone can PLEASE try to explain to me why this is happening I have called my phone company and really got no help 

thunderlockbc

Just wanted to say thanks, hopetindall, as I was having this problem too, and your solution also worked for me.  I switched from Koodo to PM several months ago and don't get a lot of voicemails, but when I do, I would always get a call from my own number right afterward.  It didn't bother me too much, but I finally looked it up and found your solution right away.

For me, I called my voicemail, then pressed 4 to "Access Your Personal Options", then pressed 3 to "Modify Your Message Notification Options", then pressed 3 to "Disable This Message Notification".

Jillp

My phone does this too and I can't find a solution! Can anyone help?

pssst

Thank you @hopetindall! You were right about the voicemail setting. I have now turned it off and it works as usual.

pssst

Possible, let me try changing the voicemail settings.

hopetindall
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Maybe a 'notification'was accidently setup inside your voicemail menu. (One of the menus had an option to ' notify' a number in case of voicemail. Used to be used for pagers).

Perhaps it is setup to notify your number in error.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @pssst,

Like @Luddite said, this is a new one for me!  Have you tried answering the call?  If so, what, if anything, happens?

EDIT: further thought, do you let your PM voicemail take your calls when you can't?  Or have you maybe forwarded unanswerable calls to some other 3rd party system?  That's the only thing I can think of that could possibly explain this werid behaviour.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

pssst

I'm reluctant to block my own number.

My phone has booted many times since switching over to PM.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Never heard of it. Have your tried:

- blocking the voicemail number

- rebooting your phone

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.