cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My number is still not ported

iDi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I switched to PM late last week and my number is still not fully ported. I can call, send sms and use data but no incoming calls or texts; they all go straight back to my chatr SIM. I already provided the information when activating my account but when I try to do it online again through My Account>Plan & Add-Ons>Change Phone Number it tells me to contact PM for assistance.

I sent out some PMs with all the needed info to mods (@Mary_M @Shazia_K) but I have a feeling I'll just be lost in amongst all the other people pouring in thanks to the promo. Is there any way I could get assisted this week? I already missed a few important calls during over the last 4 days and would like to have this sorted out as fast as possible. 

Thank you for your time.

10 REPLIES 10

hongsy

Hi

I am having the same issues.  It has taken too long to to port my number.  From the other posts it looks like it shouldn't take more than 3 or 4 hours.  I have Pm a moderator but still haven't heard back.

PvP

Thank you for your comment. I am confident that they will address the issue in due time. I have now send two private messages to PM and I am not getting a response.

luanjun2004
I had same issue before switching from Koodo, now everything goes right. You need send private message to PM people like Mary_M giving your account informations correctly: your previous number, account number, email, pin, name and your PM number, email, pin, your phone's IMEI number. I am sure they will made it!

UrbnRzqr

I switched my sim cards to see if my number had been ported and my phone worked with PM but didn't allow incoming calls, text messages worked.  Sounds like your number hasn't been ported yet.

I had to put my CITYFONE sim back in.

PvP

Hi, I am having similar problems. After porting 3 family members with success, I am unsuccessful in porting my most favorite one (My wife). Invalid sim (even though that Sim shows up fine in a cellphone). I am sure PM is overwhelmed with new customers, but after 3 days I still don't have a reply with my problem and I don't know what to do. Any suggestions anyone?

iDi

@hummuschips At least I got a response too bad it was pretty much asking me for the info as I've provided since last Friday when I got a text telling me to use the contact form to send out an email.

@computergeek541 Fortunately enough my phone can have 2 SIM cards, but what you're saying is instead of getting the full service I paid for, I have to use my old provider and pay them as well? 

@jheili99 I am absolutely positive they're overwhelmed with all the people coming in but wouldn't it have made more sense to bring in more than 3 support reps when you know you're running quite an attractive promo that is bound to land you tons of customers and I assume as much backlog since as you mentioned there were system glitches.

@fboybcb Thanks, I already read up on the issues as well as the KB / features articles before posting. The corresponding answer to my question, inferred from other posts and minimum amount of mods, is to wait as long as it takes which is frankly subpar customer service. 

Update: Finally got a message back from Shazia_K (don't want to tag you again as I'm sure you're busy helping more people) and my number seems to have been fully ported.

fboybcb
Please follow the corresponding answer to your questions.
Hopefully everything will work out asap.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

jheili99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

hi

you did all you can do...i'm sure one of the ladies will contact you soon..they might just be overwhelmed with requests as there were a few major system glitches.... if not tomorrow morning, maybe tag them again ( you only need to tag 1 and all 3 will see it )

cheers

Since you said that incoming calls are still going to Chatr, you don't need to be missing those calls that you consider important. For now, continue using your Chatr service, and you'll be able to receive all of your calls.  I know that doesn't fix your porting issue, but at least people will be able to contact you.

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

When did you first PM the mods?  I know some people on here just had their issues resolved today and I think they tried switching last Thursday or Friday. Hopefully the mods can get to you tomorrow.

Need Help? Let's chat.