cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My number has No Service since this morning - URGENT

joelmine
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I woke up this morning and realised that my number had no service. This happened suddenly this morning. The signal bars were down completely and when i tried to call my number from another phone there was a message "this number is not in service" . I am not at my billing cycle. I still have till 8th for my plan to renew. So I dont know why suddenly my line is suspended. I tried to turn off my phone , Put my SIM card in antoher phone and nothing works. 

I sent a private message to the moderators about 3 hours ago and no response. I work in a support channel at work for one of the biggest banks and need this number urgently I am missing out on important calls and have already been pulled up for it. Please PLEASE PLEASE.   PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS NOW !!!! THIS IS EXTREMELY URGENT

I NEED THIS FIXED URGENTLY !!!! 

@Shazia_K @CS_Agent @Abdallah_A @Abdoulaye_N @Amine_E @Annie_Q @Ashley_T @Aïssata_B @Blad_R @chris_p @frankoccomore @Kaba_C @li-upgrade 

18 REPLIES 18

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I misread, could have swore you had mention you had no bars, not that your service was suspended. My mistake! Sorry!

@joelmine wrote:

@Psygineer wrote:

@joelmine wrote:

My issue was resolved automatically. No explanation given.. Someone from PM called me to ask if its OK and I asked them what had happened and they said they dont know. They just called to see if my serivce is up and it was. And it automatically came back up. I have not had this issue with any other service provider. THis is weird. 

It's an issue I have found common in my area, PM and Lucky (Pre-pay service too). For me it is likely because I live in the heart of Rogers country and the Bell towers are further appart (there are no Telus ones) than near a larger major city. Koodo (co-worker has it) is typically 1-2 bars like I have but doesn't notice the service drops with it.

With that said, my best guess as to cause (besides the lack of towers in my area in comparison to what Rogers has) is the fact that the PM's motto is Less for Less, which one could also perhaps see meaning the table scraps of Telus and Bell. Priority is likely given to those customers on Telus/Bell and the remaining service trickles down to Koodo/Virgin and then to PM/Lucky. If the service is having capacity/technical issues, then PM/Lucky suffer first, then Koodo/Virgin before the higher priority Telus/Bell themselves. That's just a theory I am playing with and I don't have any facts or figures to back that up. I am simply basing it on how my old ISP handled data throttling in peak times and extropolated that notion to the Telus/Bell subsidary services.

Your issue seems to be lack of signal. I am not talking of that. I totaly understand a signal issue. Mine was account suspension. My number was suspended and callers were getting a message saying this number is out of service. If i go to an area where there is no signal all calls should go to voicemail like it normally happens. THis is a different issue. 

joelmine

@Psygineer wrote:

@joelmine wrote:

My issue was resolved automatically. No explanation given.. Someone from PM called me to ask if its OK and I asked them what had happened and they said they dont know. They just called to see if my serivce is up and it was. And it automatically came back up. I have not had this issue with any other service provider. THis is weird. 

It's an issue I have found common in my area, PM and Lucky (Pre-pay service too). For me it is likely because I live in the heart of Rogers country and the Bell towers are further appart (there are no Telus ones) than near a larger major city. Koodo (co-worker has it) is typically 1-2 bars like I have but doesn't notice the service drops with it.

With that said, my best guess as to cause (besides the lack of towers in my area in comparison to what Rogers has) is the fact that the PM's motto is Less for Less, which one could also perhaps see meaning the table scraps of Telus and Bell. Priority is likely given to those customers on Telus/Bell and the remaining service trickles down to Koodo/Virgin and then to PM/Lucky. If the service is having capacity/technical issues, then PM/Lucky suffer first, then Koodo/Virgin before the higher priority Telus/Bell themselves. That's just a theory I am playing with and I don't have any facts or figures to back that up. I am simply basing it on how my old ISP handled data throttling in peak times and extropolated that notion to the Telus/Bell subsidary services.

Your issue seems to be lack of signal. I am not talking of that. I totaly understand a signal issue. Mine was account suspension. My number was suspended and callers were getting a message saying this number is out of service. If i go to an area where there is no signal all calls should go to voicemail like it normally happens. THis is a different issue. 

Psygineer

@joelmine wrote:

joelmine

Psygineer

Being without service is actually really common depending on where you are. I live in Thunder Bay and hours can go by without service (or service that blinks on then off again after a minute or two) not really sure why it is since I am decently near two Bell towers, but at least half the time I need the service it is up. I'm lucky to have two bars on some days, usually 1 baring it. (Doesn't matter what phone, but an old LG G Flex seems to be the best so far instead of the iPhone I originally was using or my parents Lumia 650.) Last Sunday I think it was, I was without service pretty much all day. The thing is, I pay less than half the price of Rogers and my service is up more than half the time, so I can't really complain. I have had dropped calls, I have had times I needed to make a call but could not, and I have missed important calls (such as one from Public Mobile themselves ironically) but I am actually fine with it. What would I rather pay $1 per day and have Canada wide calling, or pay $70 a month for a smidge extra data and otherwise the same calling service.

One advantage of PM that Rogers (Or Bell/Telus main service) doesn't have is the fact that I will never get an unexpected bill. If I call a number that will cost me long distance charges, my call just won't be placed. If I use too much data, it simply shuts off rather than charging insanely high data fees for each MB I go over. My cousin went to the USA and so did I. When she came back she had a huge bill because she connected to a USA tower and some of her apps decided to update. When I went to USA my service simply stopped and resumed automatically when I came back without me having to think about it. When I weight in the benefits I get versus the costs of switching for better service, I remain happy enough with PM to stay. Sure the service is unreliable in my area and sometimes seems worse when you are in the city than in the country, but still I can sleep soundly knowing I won't get any surprises on my next bill other than a surprise discount because something I would have done anyway (try to help others in the community) gets rewarded.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@joelmine wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

@joelmine, you have now just sent many notifications to various folks who are part of the Moderator_Team and have caused them to now need to weed through many more messages to find the actual messages that need to be responded too.

You've set yourself, and many others back further in the queue.  All issues are dealt with on a first in, first out basis.  It doesn't matter what the issue is, they are all treated the same.

Being such an important job you have, your employer should be footing the bill for you on a better, more reliable service.  Any chance you have a desk phone?  It's a good back up.

Firsyt of all my employer is footing the bill .. I also have a deks phone. In 2018 .. no one uses a desk phone anymore. If public mobile is still in the old ages where i need another phone all the time as a backup .. then they should shut shop .. they should be banned from giving service to people and cheating them. 

I'm with @stonechucker and he has said it on several occasions and I think he's right. People need to know what they're buying here. This service is a low budget, consumer level, non-mission critical phone service. While there are no certainties with cell service, if you need maximum certainty then you need to go elsewhere. Another guy was wanting invoices for tax purposes. This is not the focus of PM. Sometimes downtimes happen. These customers scream and yell and set their hair on fire over not having service. Sure...I'd be a bit choked to not have service that I'm paying for...but I'm paying a heck of a lot less than elsewhere. I know what I bought in to. I would expect that I would be compensated in due course. But I'm not going to scream about it.

/rant

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

When you go into your settings (on Android), you should be able to set which default sim for voice call, messaging, and mobile data. Are all of them set correctly to the sim slot you're currently using? I'm not sure if this is also the case on iPhone.

joelmine

@Effort wrote:

Does your phone that multiple sim slots?

Yes its a dual SIM phone. I tried to put it in the other SIM slot too .. but it does not work. 

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Does your phone that multiple sim slots?

joelmine

@pakmode wrote:

Hopefully this gets resolved for you asap OP.

What does it show on your Self-Serve screen out of curiousity?

I'm assuming you've tried the basics:  rebooting your phone, taking out the sim card etc?

On my self service screen it all shows normal .. yes i have done all the regular bits .. restarted, sim out .. sim on another phone etc ... nothing seems to work .. its some issue with my account .. i feel it is suspended .. and my renewal date is ahead .. its on 8th .. so i dont know why it went out now .. i know there is an issue with renewals going on ... but my plan still has time to be renewed. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

@Dave_M, @Brooke_C, @Alan_K, you can ignore my call to inform the customer base of ongoing issues to help ease some of the tension.  You do so at great risk of damaging the brand! 

I was lucky enough to activate my PM plan last Friday and ported my number to PM before the infamous maintenance update last Saturday.  I would like a word from PM on the progress of software fix.  I don't want to have my service broken on the renewal date August. 25th.

I already purchased another SIM card waiting to activate another line with PM pending on the fixing of software issue.

pakmode

Hopefully this gets resolved for you asap OP.

What does it show on your Self-Serve screen out of curiousity?

I'm assuming you've tried the basics:  rebooting your phone, taking out the sim card etc?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Dave_M, @Brooke_C, @Alan_K, you can ignore my call to inform the customer base of ongoing issues to help ease some of the tension.  You do so at great risk of damaging the brand! 

joelmine

@stonechucker wrote:

@joelmine, you have now just sent many notifications to various folks who are part of the Moderator_Team and have caused them to now need to weed through many more messages to find the actual messages that need to be responded too.

You've set yourself, and many others back further in the queue.  All issues are dealt with on a first in, first out basis.  It doesn't matter what the issue is, they are all treated the same.

Being such an important job you have, your employer should be footing the bill for you on a better, more reliable service.  Any chance you have a desk phone?  It's a good back up.

Firsyt of all my employer is footing the bill .. I also have a deks phone. In 2018 .. no one uses a desk phone anymore. If public mobile is still in the old ages where i need another phone all the time as a backup .. then they should shut shop .. they should be banned from giving service to people and cheating them. 

joelmine

I already sent a Private message about 4 hours ago. And no reply till now. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@joelmine

Moderators  may not see your post.  Click the following link to send a private message to Community Moderators to ask for help.
Please include your PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:
- Complete mailing address,
- Email address,
- Alternate phone number,
- Date of birth,
- Last top up date & amount

Community Moderators are available from:
Monday to Friday from 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT)
Saturday and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7pm (EDT)

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

joelmine
Need Help? Let's chat.