cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My new simcard is not working...

CamiloMejia
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I lost my simcard so I bought a new one but it is not working... I went through the "change simcard" process but my phone is not working. Any clues??

4 REPLIES 4

smitty267
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Try doing a hard reset of your phone..Backing up everything if req'd.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you have another cellphone then try swapping sim cards to see if it works.

martin8
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had the same problem, switching it onto airplane mode, and back again, solved the problem instantly, 

might be a phone issue, and maybe not a simcard issue.

A friend had same problem a few weeks ago, days with no working phone, drove her crazy, drove to seller store {35 minutes} sales person looked at it, seems like it was still on airplane mode, switched it, and phone worked instantly.

So many things on new phone's one get's to forget the basic's

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@CamiloMejia wrote:

I lost my simcard so I bought a new one but it is not working... I went through the "change simcard" process but my phone is not working. Any clues??

@CamiloMejia  Try restarting your device or putting the phone in Airplane mode for 15 minutes and then test again. If it's still a problem then submit a ticket to PM.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Need Help? Let's chat.