cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My new Kyocera govt phone not working/ or my phone number is not working online or on customer servi

Mindilu75
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got my new Kyocera govt phone on Saturday and it worked until yesterday. I can't do anything on it. It keeps saying the process has stopped when u try to call or text and when I try to do any wifi connection things it's saying Google play has stopped. When I try to text it just keeps saying sending but won't send.Also when I tried to put my number in on the customer service line or self help website its saying my number is not right. Please help. I am using a different phone to send this. Also my number the people gave me is ***********. Please help

26 REPLIES 26

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Sorry to hear of your troubles, @Mindilu75.  I did a quick search and the Lifeline program does appear to be a US Federal government (FCC) program.  I'm not sure why the phone's browser came up to www.publicmobile.ca, but unfortuantely Public Mobile, as indicated, only operates within Canada and not in the USA.  I believe what you will need to do is contact someone at Lifeline for assistance, and hopefully they can point you in the right direction.  I wish you good luck in getting this resolved quickly.

[If I had to guess, I would say maybe Public Mobile used to carry those Kyocera phones at one point in time, and when they stopped selling phones, they sold or donated some surplus inventory which wound up as part of the Lifeline program.  This is 100% just a guess.]

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Mindilu75 Try this:

Go to Settings > Apps. Scroll to All apps and then scroll down to “Google Play Services” app. Open the app details and tap on the “Force stop” button. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Mindilu75 If your service has stopped working perhaps you should go back to the place where you got the phone. I expect you were also given some sort of plan for calling and texting.

Unfortunately, I do not know much about using Android phones, but that message is related to Google trying to connect to your phone. If you have a gmail address, the phone tries to link with your Google account. You will need to find someone who uses Android phones to help you. Google requires a data connection for that service, and perhaps your plan only has calling and texting. If you can find the setting for cellular data and turn it OFF you may be able to clear the problem.

By the way, I found this article Lifeline Cincinnati So, if the place you got the phone cannot help you should be able to find someone else.

It is very strange that Public Mobile came up since it only operates in Canada.

Sorry we can't be more help Smiley Sad; nor snag you as a customer! Robot LOL

Mindilu75
It's also says unfortunately talk has stopped etc etc. Before I started having issues when I pressed the web browser it says www.publicmobile.ca and goes to your website.

Mindilu75
Yes it's through a lifeline program supposedly. Luddite I tried what you said and it takes a still picture and says unfortunately Google play services has stopped. That's what it says when I try to do anything.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Mindilu75,

I have a question for you, how did you hear about us? 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

@Mindilu75 What company gave you the phone? Was it under the Lifeline programme?

Try resetting the phone by doing the following:

Press the “Power” button while holding the “Volume Down” key until you see the Android logo on the screen. Release both buttons when the Android logo displays. Press the “Volume Down” button to scroll to and highlight the “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” option. Press the “Power” button.

Mindilu75
The people that I signed up for the phone with was at a stand with a sign saying free Android phone. They took pics of my license and foodstamp card entered my email and some other info and I qualified for a free govt phone plan and phone. I am in Cincinnati Ohio and its a Rise Kyocera Android phone. It worked for a couple days.

Mindilu75
I am in Cincinnati Ohio and it is a Rise by Kyocera. It has wifi capabilities but it is not currently letting me do anything.

Free is still free. With some more info we might be able to help.

- What model of Kyocera did you get? Are you familiar with using a smartphone?

- What city are you near?

- Are you able to connect your phone to wifi?

Mindilu75
So the people I got the free govt phone from the other day is a scam?

Mindilu75
No I'm just trying to figure out why my new phone is not working. I don't want to call Canada I just need to make local USA calls and no it won't do anything cause a msg appears saying it's unexpectedly stopped and shuts down.

@Mindilu75 Public Mobile does not operate in the USA. If you are coming to Canada you could activate a Public Mobile SIM and use it here.

Did I understand correctly, that your phone will not even connect to wif?

Also, are you just trying to find a way to call Canada from the USA, or what?

By any chnace do you live near the Canadian border?

Mindilu75
Yes I live in USA

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Mindilu75,

Just to let you know, our services are offered in Canada only, if you are a US resident you won't be able to use our services in the US. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Mindilu75
I got the msg about not being able to help me if I am in USA so do you know how or whom I can get help from?

@Mindilu75 Are you in the USA now? 

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Mindilu75, good! 

I replied to your private message, please take a look. 

Thanks,

Shazia

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Mindilu75,

are you able to see the picture I have attached in my previous message? Please click on my name and you will be able to see Send user private message

Are you trying to use our service in the US? If so, you won't be able to because we do not offer roaming outside of Canada. 

Thanks.

Shazia

Mindilu75
What is your private email? I live in USA

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Mindilu75,

I think you have replied to an email sent from out support team?

Please send me a private message or reply to their email, they will also assist you. 

Thanks,

Shazia

Mindilu75
What is your private email? I replied in my Gmail account . did you get it? When I am at that page to get helpit says my information isn't right. Like my phone number is not active or something.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Mindilu75, please send me a private message in the community. 

Take a look at this picture 🙂

inbox.jpg

Mindilu75
What is your private email? I replied in my Gmail account . did you get it?

Mindilu75
I sent one msg regarding my messed up phone and now I can't get any kind of help cause when I enter my number in to create a self help account it says it's not valid. Help!!? Did I get scammed

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Mindilu75,

I'm really sorry to hear that you have been having issues with your new phone. 

I tried searching with the phone number provided and I wasn't able to retrieve any account. 

Please do not post any personal info as this is a public forum. 

Is it possible to send me the IMEI number of the phone and the SIM card number? Please send it to me via private message.

Thanks,

Shazia

Need Help? Let's chat.